View My Stats

Wednesday, April 22, 2015

FAMILY-Providence Rhode Island April 2015-unfocused

Purpose of the trip was to finally meet a cousin named Joan. Also to find the house where my mother was born and scattered a small amount of ashes.

Left here at 9am and took the bus to Providence and got back here at 8:22pm. A long day for me but full of surprises and a lot of fun and laughs.

My Nikon camera I used in the bus and some shots from Paula's car to test its capabilities. It no longer has any controls- just turn it on and shoot. I think the colors and contrasts are still better with the Nikon than the Canon (but the Canon is fine for gravestones) but these are taken through the bus windows . Real high quality >sarcasm<. Hyannis terminal always in a state of repair.


I get on the bus and discover a cough behind me so decision- move back or to the side- no choice but across the aisle. I plunk myself down. The bus fills up and I look to the seat to my left and it has toe nail clippings on it. LOL. Good start.




Some interesting view from the bus. Also I wonder if all bus drivers, those who have hair, part their hair on the left side of their head? Just an idle observation.
I thought of Chernobyl when I saw those stacks!


I see forsythia I totally forgot I captured.

later...

another road trip calls.



Two foreign speaking chicks were on the bus, long legged blonds, hair up looking very "perfect"


Spooky cloud/sun & Chernobyl again.oh and the traffic. A bus weaving in and out!


First bus no seat belts. Bus back to Hyannis had them but they were so stiff (probably from lack of use) I gave up after 5 miles of pent up torture.


Mom & Pop tattoos


Cityscapes along the way



a railroad bridge too far. :)


From Paula's car some cityscapes captured-


last of the blurs


1 comment:

  1. You're a photo journalist at heart...great photos, Cynth...

    ReplyDelete