View My Stats

Saturday, April 25, 2015

FAMILY-Thornton Burgess Bedtime Stories

When I babysat back in the 60s and 70s my favorite book to read to children was Thornton Burgess Bedtime stories. I remember one little girl asking if her Dad looked like Buster Bear.Danny Meadow Mouse was my favorite character.



Funny thing. In 2008 and 2009 when I was preparing to move and also sorting through belongings I went through many books and left many behind gave some away. Ran across this book was up on a top shelf.


I opened it up and much to my surprise it had belonged to my father and was a gift to him from Uncle Elliott and Aunt Elizabeth [Hollenback] Xmas 1924 or 1929 I cannot tell by the handwriting.



Okay so all the years of living here I never got to visit the Thortnon Burgess Society or Green Briar Farm. Finally did with two facebook friends in April 2015.



No comments:

Post a Comment