View My Stats

Sunday, September 6, 2015

FRIENDS-Jonathan Wordell 1965-2015

I have known Jonathan for a few years. He had a business Little Jon and did car detailing. He was always full of energy, busy cleaning and making things shiny- not just cars. I didn't find out until a couple of years ago that he hated being called Little Jon.
Well he died after a long struggle with cancer. I went to his memorial celebration at the local VFW. Took chocolate chip cookies and wore aviator glasses as requested. I got there and did not know a soul. I recognized no one. Didn't even see his step mother who I went to school with. He was born the year I was supposed to graduate.

I stood there and watched the slide show of his life they offered. So sad.

One sheet of cookies- it made 52! Doesn't prove they got there but they did so without me dropping-spilling - or breaking.



Jonathan's slide show.









 This memorial stone was placed in Commerce park by his dear friend and boss where he last worked.

No comments:

Post a Comment