View My Stats

Sunday, May 27, 2018

GARDEN-2018 Garden

 Gorgeous day on May 26th it was actually hot and my face got some color. Didn't last but hey.
***Warning***
there will be a photo of dog shit at the end. It was so spectacular and unusual I just could not resist. But you have been warned.

The bulb bed I started in 2014 was iffy this year. No tulips other than crinkled yellow leaves and one crushed looking red tulip. The daffodils and narcissus were fine and the grape hyacinths are multiplying but really disappointed in the tulips. That was the whole point LOL
 So I dug them up. They will rest for the Summer and then I will plant them again in that bed in the Autumn.

The I planted wild flower seeds in containers and had enough that I sprinkled a few in the bulb bed where the tulips were. That will be interesting. Cosmos, Flax, Bee mix and a butterfly mix.








My brother's men had cut down a tree earlier in the week and the stump was in the back of the trailer. I asked what was going to happen with it. It smelled divine like cedar. So I got it in the yard below.

So I trimmed ornamental grasses down  so new growth will show. Cut out hydrangea canes and other vines choking through from the other side of the fence. Watered. And was getting pretty hot so I decided to wind things up and go upstairs. All of a sudden a guy comes around the corner. Scared me half to death. creep. He apologized for the scare. I am sure the expression on my face told him fuck off. He wanted to use the water for his boat engine and was headed to MY hose and faucet. So glad I caught this. I said no not this water , you can go out front I will turn that on. The past two years when they have used my hose they have wound the hose sloppily but worse than that they turned off the tap so hard I could barely turn it on and it is hard to shut off now and drips. grrr
So I get out front and go to turn on the water and he says not now later. Okays I tell him to knock on the building or garage door loudly and I will hear it and come down. So he hooks up his hose. I am upstairs and hear him knock "lightly" I open my window and call below that I will be right down. I get down there and he is upstairs by my kitchen door. So fucking impatient. good grief.I turn on the water and go upstairs waiting to hear he is done. Finally yes the engine works and they collect their hose. phew.

so here is the shit. perfect end for that delightful day . Multi colored shiny and so bad it did not clean up I had to cover the spot on the lawn with soil and hose that down.
ha ha not funny.


 the cover up

No comments:

Post a Comment