View My Stats

Friday, January 23, 2015

HIKE-Truro Air Force Base

I can remember flying over this (as a sightseeing passenger)in the mid 80s and being awed by what appeared to be gigantic golf balls down there. I was told they were radar. Cold war and all. Today I felt like I was transported to another world. The placed looked totally abandoned. More signs and displays and murals. Almost creepy. I could see Jenny Lind Tower down a path. Too cold to explore and to be truthful I was a bit afraid to do that alone. BUT it was the most fascinating part of the day. I so wanted to walk up and look in windows of the abandoned buildings.
and yes there will be too many images of what I am told is a global position device antenna or something like that- looked like modern art to me.










No comments:

Post a Comment