View My Stats

Saturday, October 7, 2017

STRUCTURES-Bricks- I love bricks

 October 2017

If I see a brick structure here I have to stop and admire it even if it is only a fire pit or a chimney. So rare on Cape Cod to see a house or building made of brick but there are a few.

So I glanced out my window the other day and saw bricks in the back of my brother's work truck. Looked like maybe 10-12 of them at a quick glance.

Next day I saw my brother and hoping he was building something with them so I could check it out. I asked where they were going. "pitched" he said. I didn't quite understand and asked again  "throw away?" "Yes".

oh can I have them? sure what are you going to do with them. well. LOL

I said it would take me a while to remove them there were more than 25!- He had his men load them into a wheel barrow  and dump them where I wanted. And then DelRoy came around with another barrel of them. yay!

So I figured little by little maybe 2 bricks a day I will have something.

Well once you touch a brick you keep going. So my arms were very sore and my neck the first day. I try to take it easy but....

Here is what it looks like so far

hope no one was expecting a fire pit or a brick igloo.












that table is one brother was going to "pitch" as well. :D


finished projects October 9 2017

not great lighting yesterday





 notice this morning that there were 13 bricks in the above so I moved one brick. I will move it back. LOL




***

No comments:

Post a Comment