View My Stats

Friday, May 30, 2014

ART-Knitting and walking.

Weather being what it is here, seems like my morning walk of 40 minutes only happens from June until November.So I pace inside with the radio on a rock/pop station for 50 minutes after my exercyle 30 minutes and 20 minutes of chi gung.If you think after all of this I am physically fit- think again. Disgusting body condition, but hey I am happy.Drinking green tea through all of this. LOL Then I stuff my face with oatmeal.

So this routine was getting too monotonous to me. I decided to try and knit and walk. Only simple stuff- garter stitch and circular needles. It is all very primitive and nothing I could ever give away or sell, but hey it works for me! I needed wool hats to sleep in that were loose fitting- I now have a few. Scarves and turtle necks and cowls for keeping my neck warm. I am working on two afghans. One is this off pink wool that Mom bought and didn't like- I am knitting small squares that will be sewn together. and a purple wool one that is larger squares to be sewn together. The latest most fun piece is a multi colored yarn that has a wavy texture. I cast on 40 stitches onto size 11 needles and knit in the round- connecting it after the first row. After that is done I will see if the circumference is right for legwarmers. Those I need- they just do not sell them long or loose enough to my liking. I wish I could knit myself underwear and drawstring pants. 2 items that are a royal pain in the ass to shop for.

so to explain simply how I knit and walk I have a bag that is lightweight and I plunk he ball of yarn into it and knit from that slung over my elbow. 50 minutes flies by!

July 2014
afghan squares to be sewn
Completed some pieces.

two cowls





two shawls and a back scrubber :D

No comments:

Post a Comment