View My Stats

Monday, March 9, 2020

HIKES-2020-2021 Harwich Conservation off Church street Muddy Creek

East Harwich down Church street
Supposedly goes out to Muddy Creek- some day.







June 28 2020

well headed to food shop on Saturday by way of Church Street in Harwich, I could see a field of daisies ( coreopsis) ablaze in the sun. Oh so tempting to stop and take pix! But alas I had to food shop and getting there early is important.
So two mornings in a row I miss my 8am coffee LOL Got out there early today and stopped by. Before it got hot. I also had to stop at Hart Farm and pick up a plant to replace what the rabbits ate. LOL
Walked a bit on the path. Their web site says 1/3 of a mile. hmmm looks longer than that. But better for a cooler day. Still glad I checked it out.



















September 19 2020

okay I was restless and needed a hike so after shopping and a quick lunch I decided to try Muddy Creek again. Lots of fungi! Some strange things too. I walked the "loop" apparently as I veered left and ended up back at the parking lot. Not sure I want to chance going back and taking the right path. There is supposed to be a water view of Muddy Creek.









 Tarp on the ground, and unfinished bench with caution tape. a bit creepy.






so I see a sunlit path ahead and then I see metal reflecting and think there is a parking lot ahead. Have I gone to another area? nope I walked a loop and am back to the parking lot. LOL But creepy thing is I see a truck parked there and someone just entering the hiking path. As I drive out , out of curiosity I look closely at the truck. Damn if it isn't the plates I see when on errands in Orleans. Usually tailgating me and then passing me on my left with double yellow lines. Small world. Not going back.



**
January 31 2021


well I worked up the courage to return and heard that the path was complete now and to view Muddy Creek I had to veer to the right. Not a sunny day but I was itchy to go for a hike. I was the only vehicle and I guess the only person back there. Plenty of footprints from before though- clearly in the snow. It was a bit slippery so I took my time.






***


No comments:

Post a Comment