View My Stats

Monday, October 23, 2017

RANT-Feminine Hygiene Aisle

A young woman on facebook has a youtube channel basically comparing USA with Germany . She was born in USA but moved to Germany a few years ago. It is  charming, humorous and informative. Her name is Dana and her latest was a video on Feminine hygiene products here and there.
So first off she wanted to know what other names there were for period. In Germany it is "tage" or "days". I think I got that right. Some of her European followers had some funny comments "Shark week" "Bloody Hell" " Red Invasion" to name a few. My favorite was "got the rag on"
 Link to video
Period

So today I had simple errands or so I thought. Was going to take the bus into Chatham then realized I had to go to my bank in Harwich Port to get print outs. After the bank I stopped at Star Market to get business envelopes and check out the aisle.  Seriously haven't been down that aisle since 1998. oh my the changes.  Back then yes there was the cup and the sponge but available elsewhere not the grocery store. It was tubeless tampons and applicator ones, wide variety of pads and  yeast infection creams etc. and an occasional pregnancy test. Now it is fertility and ovulation, birth control, pads, cups, tampons, washes you name it.
So took photos in Star Market and still didn't see cups. So I asked the gossiping clerks in the aisle where they were. Answer: discontinued. but CVS has them. oh great an added stop on my way back to Chatham and the library. so...












  so I left Star Market and there was a man in front of me and a window washer doing the door. Window washer had to manually hold the door for us. So I rushed through. Realizing instantly that the man in front farted. I detected a diet of liverwurst, onions and maple flavored baked beans.

Then to CVS

ovulation and fertility- then out of the corner of my eye I saw this! My guess is women buy this for the men - why else put a hunk on a package of Depends!












***

1 comment:

  1. That's worse than the cereal aisle. Also this stuff has gotten to be way too expensive. It should be free. Women have to have at least the basics.

    ReplyDelete