View My Stats

Sunday, September 27, 2020

HIKES- MONOMOY WILDLIFE REFUGE- NEW SIGNS

September 27 2020

okay a few weeks ago a facebook group posted  a photo of a new sign over on Morris Island. I asked three times where the path was and got no specific answer- I have been "exploring" Morris Island since the 60s and knew the man and his family who developed the island. The builder Bill Bettendorph built the first "big" house for Ed Noyes Sr. Not a McMansion ( which I do not care what people do with their money but that is what the HUGE houses are called.) I remember the workers coming in for coffee and donuts in our shop and joking how Ed Noyes was on site every day straightening out discarded nails. I do not remember when the place became so "exclusive". I baby sat for many children there. I used to drive through there in Winter months to see wildlife. Now geez I will think twice about a stroll there. BUT today I finally had the chance to park at the Monomoy Wildlife Refuge and take pix. Below wildlife's sign is the description of how to get to the path. Looooooooooooong story short. Found the path and it was too steep for me to navigate ha ha ha. Still glad I went. There is more to this story but I do NOT want to get political.
oh and of course the obligatory bag of dog shit along the way- but purple so all is forgiven  ha ha




Plenty of signs. Then I walked towards the observation area to see the water and a woman with blonde hair was standing there. The hair braided to the side. She looked so perfect for the scene. I told her so- she kept pulling her top over her face and apologizing about having forgotten her mask. Told her not to worry we are outside. Funny how they all have that excuse. oh well







purple bag of dog shit

now I head towards the elusive loop













those last three photos were the loop path at the beginning. Joke was on me- the path was so steep I knew my legs and lungs would fail me. I turned around and went back to the Refuge.






 




It was a gorgeous day.

October 24 2020

progress on rt 28 in West Chatham. Maybe should post this in changes too LOL long process of adding to roundabouts


 


No comments:

Post a Comment