View My Stats

Wednesday, February 3, 2021

FAMILY: MOORE 2021 My grandfather Moore and cousin Bob & Morgan Moore

 In November I got a facebook message from my cousin Bob Moore saying he was scheduled to go in for heart surgery soon. This pretty much just after cataract surgery. That made me uneasy. But even stranger was Bob's statement that his doctor said the surgery would likely kill him.

what sort of doctor would say that AND perform the surgery. I just don't get it.

So I heard nothing but saw him post about the death penalty and he was working to get the Roman Catholic church to take a stand against it as well. 

Then I get a message from his younger brother Dab that he died December 19 2020. I was shocked. How sad.

I sent hand written letters of condolence to Bill the eldest and Daniel and family the youngest. I sent nothing to Debra the daughter as she never responds and has said she wants nothing to do with "us". Not sure what that has meant but when I asked Dan years ago he said it was just her way. okay.

So January 5th I get a card in the mail with return address of  Bill and Bob. They lived together. Really cute Christmas card. Post Marked the 22nd and signed by both Bill and Bob. So obviously it was sent before the 19th  but the post office was slow to get it and post mark it- and it takes over 12 days to get here from Harrisburg. It is definitely worth keeping for the oddities involved.




so

later on the 30th of January when I was scanning these I wanted to scan a photo of my grandfather Moore. So many details I had never noticed before but I do love this picture of him in Indianapolis 

back of photo lists 3 people and numbers them on the front with an arrow to grand dad Moore

I found an Ira Blackman in Indianapolis I think he was born in 1888. I have gotten no further on when this was taken or why was he in Indiana.
 

This is a photo of him for World War I


 his death certificate

 

back of death certificate with military details.



Veteran's compensation


 what the addresses look like now from google maps all these homes are a short distance where my Chrystie ancestors are buried in Mount Moriah Cemetery

William H Moore his father

5635 Belmar Terrace Philadelphia


 where grand dad lived during the war in 1918

5830 Walton Avenue Philadelphia PA

324 Wayne avenue Lansdowne PA the house I remember as a child.


I guess I can say it here. my grandfather Moore was the only relative that I felt love from. I can still remember sitting on his lap while he read to me in a chair at 324 Wayne Avenue. I was sucking my thumb and he called it "smoking my pipe" I felt safe and happy there. The rest of them? meh.


***

February 28 2021

okay this is getting weird.

I have a cousin Morgan Moore born in 1928. He shared many photos and gave me much information about his family.  We are connected through Francis Marion Moore my 2nd great grandfather. We connected around 2008. Mostly stayed in touch through mail and email when his wife Eleanor would email family happenings. When she died I was able to keep in touch through mail and also his son Richard Moore on facebook. I couple of months ago , like January 2021 I checked facebook to see what was new with all of them. They are all gone from facebook. So I tried to get Bill Moore's attention on facebook about it. he finally answered yesterday. He usually called Morgan at least 2-3 times a year. He called in November 2019 and the phone just kept ringing- no one answered. He kept trying and then gave up mid Summer 2020. I posted in Search Squad on facebook for help. We will see if there is a news item or an obituary for someone there. There was never an obituary for Eleanor, not even a blurb on a funeral home site. So very strange. He was a psychiatrist for many years either for the government of military.

March 20 2021- finally heard back from his son RA on facebook. He is fine just slower and more forgetful.

***

June 9

In looking for Selina Firth's birth certificate I hurt my back leaning and lifting one of the storage boxes. No certificate. Waited a couple of days and looked again. It was at the bottom. While doing that I lfted out a couple of books. One was a Christian Science book. I opened it and there was an inscription inside

"From Lena E Bond- 1944 

to my buddy Grace 1947

with a bit of research I found  Lena and her husband Samuel A. He was born in Kansas she was born in Missouri. They lived at 503 Midvale Road in Upper Darby. No clue of the connection other than maybe she was a Christian Science reader. 

Mama Grace had some bad experiences with doctors and turned to this.


**

June

so while Spring cleaning- did the usual polishing of silver and copper. This I always thought was Dad Moore's until I looked at it closely and thought it said  Miss! Then I wonder who the heck THAT would be- and it had a III at the end. oh that is my father. Disappointed!

 


**





***

 




No comments:

Post a Comment