View My Stats

Thursday, September 6, 2018

CHATHAM-Shopping Days

 September 6 2018
I used to look forward to my Fridays out. Do recycling, food shop, drive by some nice water views and take photos. Stop by Seaside Cemetery say Hi to Mom and see if any new inmates were added. Wend my way back here sometimes stopping at Harding's Beach and snapping a few pix. Back by lunch time and relatively cheap entertainment considering.

But now at the food store the one cashier I keep ending up with looks at my receipt too closely and how I pay etc. None of her business but it still bothers me. Tempting to do the quick check out and make two trips LOL. They no longer have self check outs. oh well. such is life.

Last Friday August 31st I was up a bit before my usual 4:10am . Did my exercycle, chigung  and walked the  "loop" on a trash walk for 20 minutes. Back here and fixed another pot of tea had a banana and did my knit & walk for 50 minutes and ate cereal and had my toast. I skip my cherished coffee on Friday mornings as I do not want to have to pee while out. This morning as I was ready to eat there was a loud rapping on the wall like someone was angrily  knocking on my door below. Hey I am up at 4am but never ready to deal with anger like that. So I opened the window in this room and yelled down to the "door area"  asking "what do you want who is it?"
Answer of who it was was mumbled but I heard "fixing the walls for Jerry". Oh so now I recognized the face looking up at me- a bay owner here who does carpentry. He added " I thought you were an early riser"
I answered "I am up around 4 just not used to noise so early."
sorry etc. Then I asked am I going to be able to get out. yes.

Good because my list was ready and it gets too hot for me to start later. I get down there to load my car and he is still working on the panels. Jer's men show up and help I watch and take photos and chit chat. Carpenter mentions that he smells a gas leak. I say I have smelled an odor like starter fluid for a while I thought a gas leak would smell like cabbage. So I said I would mention it to Jerry when I got back. I did and Jer called gas company and they were here lickety split. Loud beeps when he tested big leak. They shut it off. Dig safe had already marked underground wires etc. Two other huge trucks from National Grid show up. Three guys  chattering away and digging holes. One guy starts talking about his health so I quickly turn on a cd in the lap top and drown out that conversation.  Jer had gone into town and was longer than usual. I go below to check things out and the one remaining repair man was polishing his truck windows! LOL I asked if he was done- yes and where's the guy who was here earlier. That's my brother he should be back soon. Jer shows up and we chat then they all disperse . egads what a mess with hardening soil on top of the pea stone below. Gas company offered to pay to fix it- Jer said that he would take care of it. So I have to rinse off my feet after my outdoor shower before coming in here at night. No biggy but what a mess!
Good thing it was not as hot as today or that work would have been beastly.

Wall repair-






tried to capture how I can see "light" through my staircase LOL. There is no insulation. That explains why the stairs are hotter than hell in the Summer and freezing ass cold come Winter! But boy does it smell fresh and woodsy now.
The final result!


now the gas leak repair. Noticed when all was said and done that the old gas cap was uncovered yet again! How it gets overgrown I will never know.





Jer's new truck signs with Marty!

Mom's new chrysanthemum Jer placed at her  grave


and in the 'hood- someone cleared away near Ryder's Cove Boatyard and it smells so nice. Looks like they will erect a new fence as well. we will see.



***

No comments:

Post a Comment