View My Stats

Wednesday, September 19, 2018

CEMETERIES-One Day A Year

September 19 2018

I have a traveling friend who comes here once a year. I pick him up we drive around the Cape cemeteries and scenery have lunch and part.
I look forward to it each year.
Rented a car this year afraid it would be too much on my Saturn. Well worth the money to eliminate that stress. I still love my green car though. :(

Left here a bit before 9am
Pick up Bob.
6A to 124 to
Brewster memorial cemetery
then left out of there to Great Western in Harwich to rt 6a to
Yarmouth Ancient Cemetery
then Grays beach and a pit stop!
then Station/Union to rt 28 in South Yarmouth
cvs in South Yarmouth for Bob's roll on pain reliever not available
where he lives.

they only had one. We were getting out of the way of an ambulance from Chatham
Then CVS in West Yarmouth let him use 30% coupon they had 2 of what he likes.
99 restaurant we were both hungry I had plate of french fries and black decaf coffee
he had lobster roll french fries and cole slaw
Then to Chandler Gray we found most on the list I had and  I went back to check section A as we were leaving
walked around for 2017 2018 stones and was headed back to the car and saw Cecchi
from the corner of my eye! unreal. meant to be. The name has yet to show up on cemetery find.

rt 28 back to Chatham stop at Dairy Queen in Harwich for a chocolate dip twirl cone for Bob
Hardings beach went for a walk to light house back in the parking lot was a truck and guys with a drone camera huge!
then the loop stopped at Champlain rock then down Bridge street lighthouse was packed down shore road to Scatteree parking lot almost gone.

turn at Ryders cove road I think then to Eastward point- photos of us naval air station plaque

then turned onto rt 28 and got bob back to his friend's house. a great day well spent.
got back here around 5pm

Will add photos tomorrow.

well not tomorrow but Sunday. Thursday Friday and Saturday were devoted to doing the posting of gravestone photos, food shop and getting my uncle to do a dna spit test!
So today I cleaned ate lunch and now tried to update this blog only to find that when I have Chrome as my default browser I cannot edit Inner Sanctum and I suppose same story with  Dropstitch Dit Dit oh well.

Brewster Memorial cemetery. Found mostly what I, or we, were looking for. Some interesting things:


Yarmouth Ancient Cemetery

I think I photographed this plaque 5 years ago but did not realize until this time that it is for a hairdresser that was a customer either at Siren's Song or Lelo's Videos I think she had a partner named Pemberton? and their shop was The Little Snip. Sad she was young.
 ah just did some more research! not the hairdresser.
E Eugene Gonyer

 a beautiful black shiny bench- no names though!

John B Hartwell
Patricia Holloman

Joshua Macro- wheelchair bound hit and killed.
I remember having a heck of a time figuring out the name!
Neally - Snow


Sandy- and with research last name Sumner
Tourjee art work "love"
 Co worker of my mother's when she worked at the bank- toddler son died age 3. The grave never changes.


then to Gray's Beach or Bass Hole for a pit stop and pictures- walked out to the observation deck at the end of the boardwalk.




more later- browser crashing
last of Gray's Beach pix really low tide!

Off to rt 28 from there to CVS- 2 of them in search of a pain relief roll on for my friend. 1 in South  Yarmouth then the one in West Yarmouth had two. Then over to 99 restaurant. I had a huge plate of French fries and my friend had a lobster roll, French fries and cole slaw. Then we headed to Chandler Gray cemetery. My skirt kept falling off my hips grrr. no pix of that LOL
a former co worker's husband's grave he was a cop in Yarmouth for years

appears to be Russian

an unmarked grave


Then yanking up my skirt again got in the car and thought wait I want to check section A for anything "new" out of the corner of my eye I saw a black stone white lettering "Cecchi" oh my! They are not even in the records but the son told me at Barbara's viewing where their remains would be. And there it was. William Cecchi born same date to the year as my mother, and Barbara, a former boss from Coach & Four. died on my birth date.
Harding's beach- walk to light house and back



then heading back a dog approaches me- and is with Jan a woman I have not seen in maybe 20 years. Her husband went to school with my brother and they are good friends. Did a quick catch up and then proceeded back to the parking lot. There was a drone!

from there let's see- drove to the loop pausing at the curve so bob could take photos of Hoyt's light house from there, then Bridge Street and by the Chatham light- parking lot full and a tour bus. Then to Scatteree. Saw a deer near where the Hiscock's used to live. And a cool hedge


the parking lot at Scatteree is basically gone. There and Eastward Point are a tough turn around.
Naval Air Station Plaque

Pretty rough and cold out there



***

No comments:

Post a Comment