View My Stats

Monday, October 15, 2018

CARS-Shopping and errands with out vehicle.

My brother offered me the use of his work truck on Saturdays and Sundays. Bummer- the shifting is too hard- I cannot budge it one bit. Brother says he will have it fixed but until then I am free busing it and Fridays pay the 2.00. The lugging the food is something else! Couple of trips was for bananas and broccoli. Just that is a load. I have used my back pack on wheels- too noisy on the pavement and the handle is too low. Shopping cart I used to used to lug my stuff into Sears- wheels are too small and same thing too noisy and awkward on pavement. I tried my cat carrier on wheels last time and that seems okay it is just very difficult to break it down so it will fit in the bus and is heavy and sharp and awkward. Same for recycling. But that seems to work best with the shopping cart. It seems to rain just as I end a trip and today doing recycling it started to rain on the bike path. Most annoying was going the short cut which is a dirt path marred by tree roots and rocks. Someone had dumped a 6-pack of Smirnoff into the woods and I have passed it by too many times so I picked that up and recycled. Littering is one thing but why and entire 6 pack in the woods. That is some drunk. ugh
My original plan was to buy food on amazon from Whole Foods twice a month and have my laundry picked up and delivered. The price I have to pay for no wheels. oh well. we will see how this works out.

No comments:

Post a Comment