View My Stats

Wednesday, July 10, 2019

HIKES-Early Morning walks and 911

So this may be long- keep reading.
I go for my early am walk. Out early enough to avoid people, vehicles and the heat. At the halfway point I see a car on the other side of the road - running. I don't see a driver so I figure someone has left their car running for some reason. I keep my distance thinking someone could grab me. So I do my extra loops and head back. I have to walk near the running car as it is a dangerous curve people love to take short. I look again and there is a man slouched over. I peer in and rap on the window repeatedly. No response. Haul out my cell phone and dial 911. Get Chatham ambulance and after telling them what was going on they said they were on their way. I stood there waiting maybe 10 minutes. The man came too and I motioned for him to roll down his window. Told him I called an ambulance was he okay. At that very moment a cop pulls through and approaches.. I said " He just came to". He tells the guy someone called in concerned about him and did he have a driver's license. The man was alert enough to grab his license and I was told I could go. Swell. I am wired with adrenaline by then and trudge back here. First thought when I saw the guy slumped- I saw a fishing rod in back seat. poor chap all he wanted to do was go fishin. Then I had a funny thought. The guy was Jamaican and woke up - first thing he sees is an ugly white chick LOL poor thing.

I took photos of the car. I will also add as I was asking if he was okay he said he was visiting a friend. what? 







***

No comments:

Post a Comment