View My Stats

Saturday, August 10, 2019

HIKES-Chase Park

Did my "fun" before food shop today. Finally made it to Chase Park for some serious photos . First one a sign saying "DOGS MUST BE RESTRAINED" of course many were not. Looked like a lot of tree damage in recent years and many of the trees there were donated and "in memory of". The plaques are not easily read . Memorial benches as well. A few names I recognized. Joshua Kendrick Stello, Benjamin Burley, and Etta Long. The grass was chalked for either lawn bowling or bocce - who knows? not me LOL. Someone lost their glasses while watering and left a note. The grist mill is impressive and photogenic! The labyrinth too confusing for me, but a nice touch. I am wondering what the "to do" was all about with neighbors finding it too crowded and noisy etc. If it is the yearly craft fair I guess that would be overwhelming and logic would have it at the community center where the old school was. Plenty of parking and easy to get to. But whatever it is NOT a constant.

And as I said- plenty of places to sit- benches everywhere but these two little shits chose to plunk their asses down on the steps. oh the temptation and I did have on my running shoes. Last is a nice picturesque home nearby.
 the tree memorials and benches: tree markers some not easy to read.



















Now to the game side bocce courts, lawn bowling and croquet






Now to the grist mill and the labyrinth




















No comments:

Post a Comment