View My Stats

Sunday, August 25, 2019

RANTS-Hyannis errands looking for yarn and a doll's head.

Got food shop out of the way came back wiped off food grabbed a snack and headed out again. Nice day- spent it getting in & out of the truck- but hey.
Photos in no particular order
AC Moore no heads but sent me down the aisle with boas, some small dolls with a small head there.

what is left of a small business to the right of Anthony's at Cummaquid- used to be newspapers, cigarettes and gasoline.
Two homes on bridge Street one new one older.

Chatham Light and what looks like a wedding tent LOL

Colorful paint job that no one seems to like but me and Hydrangea Walk
crazy parking near fish pier
House recently built on property where Chase Chevrolet was and a bank for years.

Dollar Tree where an old A&P used to be. Only took the photo because of the clouds in the sky :)

A tornado took down most of the trees in a hollow near Brooks Park in Harwich center. Went there making sure the initial tree still stood near the rest rooms. yes but the initials are all scarred over. you can see the naked hollow in the back ground of some images,
Ice Cream truck was the first thing to see as I turned in. LOL
Band stand and restrooms



now on to Hobby Lobby. I shopped at ACMoore, Michael's and Joann's  looking for certain  yarns and a dolls head. No one had a dolls head the size I wanted. Each of those three stores have seen better days, they are now short staffed and inventory is spotty. But I still like them. I refuse to shop at Hobby Lobby for many reasons. But the store is new, huge and has absolutely everything. It will hurt many stores in the Hyannis area and beyond. It has a strange cold feeling when in there. almost like there is a Toys R Us ghost lingering. Oh well I wish I had taken a photo of  the front window stating hours. Mon-Sat. Closed Sundays. Open Labor Day. That says a lot. I know most stores are open 365  these days but Hobby Lobby is so pious you would think they would honor workers and be closed that day. Will be interesting to see what they do with the other holidays.
can't tell whether Jenny Craig  is still in business or not
Christmas stuff up the yin yang

huge poinsettia blossom


I can feel Joann's shudder at the sight of their fabric department.

yarns were house brand and off colors. I didn't see anything that would tempt me at all.


assorted holidays
and colorful paper.



on my way to Hyannis I saw the mansard roof house I like is making headway in renovations.
on the way back a better photo
Michaels always seems to have the best Halloween stuff

saw this sweet scene of an older man and a youngster on a bike and a dog. as I was leaving MayFair road

Interesting structure in South Dennis
Decided to do rt 28 the rest of the way back here and was surprised at what happened to the old Stone Horse- either they cleared the land or the tornado did and they cleaned up after it. Years ago they had proposed affordable living for disabled. Then urgent care center. So who knows what will happen now.



one last one- another house renovation West Harwich



***

No comments:

Post a Comment