View My Stats

Monday, February 13, 2023

2023: RANT- AUTOMATIC DOORS

First off I am not disabled.

 BUT I do use automatic doors. Last January 2022  I injured my arm when the wind took me, my arm, shoulder, and body and whipped all to the fence opposite by downstairs door. It pulled my left arm back and up. I have full use of right arm but not the left. No problem as long as I have right arm and am patient with myself and I do not have someone behind me with an attitude.

Awkward moment below

Okay so last week I handed in my Town Census at the town hall.I have many issues with the town doors everywhere. They are heavy and awkward. Well I finally got in with a hard tug. I was looking for the square thing you press and could not find it. Once inside and leaving I saw the feature to press to activate the door. Once outside I stood back and was looking for the "In" button. Someone was behind me and thanked me for holding the door for her. LOL. It just had not shut yet. I recognized her- she did not recognize me. Small wonder, I recognize everyone. Others do not. I just knew her as my step sister's friend and she worked at Cape Cod 5.

so today I was up in Orleans. Needed two items not in Star Market- so I drove over to the CVS. Same issue with the door! I maybe am just not seeing it so I took a photo. Once inside and leaving I saw the auto button to get out

I realize it will not be to the left as that is the OUT door. Next project is to take a photo of the town hall door.

*

checked out the auto doors at town hall and the library after laundromat. Cute car at town hall. no wonder I did not see the button at town hall- it is so faded


*

February 11

Doors at CVS in Orleans Skaket Corners



revisit town hall and library





cute Pink VW at town hall


the library






8


I will add to this when I come across more automatic doors LOL

*

February 25

remember the automatic door issue? well Saturday as tired as I was and the air was cold and the full small shopping cart was heavy to push I went and checked the CVS one in search of the press to open pad. I almost gave up then looked behind me on a post and there it was. good grief.







*

April 22

Coming out of CVS in Orleans I tried to use the button to open the door to leaves. It would not work. The man behind me said "I'll get it" I said thank you but why didn't it work?

*



No comments:

Post a Comment