View My Stats

Monday, February 13, 2023

2023: RANT-DRIVER'S LICENSE RENEWAL

 From October 2022

So what do I get from Verizon? 6 months of previous bills in a large envelope- then ONE bill for November 2022. nothing else.

GM was even more absurd. same thing with more history nothing new. Finally a regular bill in December.

Then trying to get an online appointment was another ball of wax.

*

Had to wait for social security replacement card and the mailed bills to arrive before I could attempt making an appointment. And also make sure the truck was available. After repeated tried FINALLY  got on the Registry site- AAA failed many times crashing and page freezing. Got an appointment for February 9 at 11:20am. I had cut my bangs in January. BIG mistake. I thought they would calm down from being too short in 2 sweeks time. WRONG. So Thursday the 9th finally rolls around. UI get down there early hoping to get out early. Parking spots were at a premium. Had to park across from Green Spot nursery which was quite a walk in cold winds and grey skies. The office has moved to the far end near McDonalds. It is tiny. I get in there and am greeted by a Registry officer. There were too roaming about- they looked like twins but maybe my imagination. One tells me where to stand since I had an appoitment. I get waited on and asked my phone number- she looks it up and verifies that I have an appoitment. Hands me a clipboard and tells me to fill out the form both sides. I thought I had done that online! Turns out I had. But still had to struggle with clipboard etc. I sit there admidst people coughing and not covering up. No masks just me sweltering behind mine I have on my Winter jacket and am hot. 

They call out numbers for you but I did not hear mine as it is so noisy. The person next to me nudged me. I stood for a few minutes in the supposed spot but was wrong it was another. Person was very pleasant- they all were. So after her checking all my paper work and scanning it she says I need my photo taken. I said what aboiut the eyes? she said that is not noted on her papers- jusrt a regular license. I said I had requested a Real ID on line that's why I brought all the paperwork, though instructions on line are NOT very clear. So she wipes down the eye test thing with an alcohol wipe. This after I had already suffered through 2 pix with static electricity in my hair. The eye test was such fine print even with my glasses amde me wonder what would I see on the road that small of text. But I said nothing. Then the last photo I turn to stand back there and the registry cop is standing in the way. Ordinarily I would have laughed but by now I saw no humor in this. She snickered. I stood back and she took the photo. The first two - my face was bright red and my right eye was running and half closed. The last one at least my eyes were not glistening I looked like a meth addict line up. so 50 bucks later I was finally out in fresh air.

*



No comments:

Post a Comment