View My Stats

Monday, June 26, 2023

2023: CUT OFF JEAN SHORTS

June 25

Laundry day and ironing what I could. Putting away jeans and rotating stuff I finally decided to do something about the Canyon River Blues jeans I keep rotating and not wearing. They are huge now on me. Bought them at Sears around 2005-6. They were the only pair that almost fit right. But fine I usually layered with tights, long underwear etc so it filled up space. But the waist was almost like hip huggers.

So decided to turn them into cut off jeans. Not Daisy Dukes as that would be a sight on 75 year old legs. I rolled the cuffs.

Wearing them today those cuffs are uncomfortable. So...

I stitch ripped the seams I had taken in twice already. Was thinking of making them a skirt- but too much work. So will trim more off of length and fringe a bit. after a few washings they will self fringe and likely be too short and disappear into the trash someday. What I at first cut off is perfect for an iron rest so I will no longer scorch the ironing board cover.





next day


seems like I had problems with the old machine way back them on clumping stitches









*

*

June 26 re do- ripped out seams from when I made them narrower, using a stitch ripper








*

No comments:

Post a Comment