View My Stats

Friday, June 9, 2023

:2023: NEW SEWING TABLE

 May-June


excited that I had finally "fixed" the bunched thread problem on my fairly new Singer machine I attempted to make a mask. I made two. Then remembered how I have had problems with my neck and stomach muscles because of the angle , too high, of the machine. So decided then and there to rectify the issue and order a sewing machine table that has a lowered portion so machine itself is level with the table top. Therefore I am not raising my hands in an unnatural position.

I figured I could move the table the machine is on- out into the kitchen area. Sounds complicated but it is not. I just cannot lift 35 lb tables! So brother of his helpers will have to help me.


It is a lot of stuff to relocate permanently and temporarily.


My poor body is so sore!

June 16

stick a fork in me I think I am done. My brother moved the big table out in the kitchen area and adjusted the sewing table. It has taken me all day to organize. I am sore!

Sewing machine as it was before at a height that was body stressful to sew.


Brother setting up table and machine






big table other room


Breakfast table,music chest and harvest table




Blanket rocker and rock and skull collection areas




Big table in kitchen area. I had first wanted to use my favorite old table cloth that is white with pastel flowers embroidered on it. It looked too much like a church supper so I chose my red Italian table cloth.



a couple of areas not messed up!



Then my recliner area. I had to switch out the table next to my chair with the one in kitchen area that holds dish towels etc. That is under the big table now.


more of the apartment



sun room makeover








all in all except for the path I use each day to knit and walk- I used every square inch if the apartment!

June 30

was pondering what to do about the broken  floor protector on my breakfast-lunch-supper table. I thought I still had  cups from years ago that had a cushioned backing to slide on the floor. But could find them no where. Even those peel and stick glides- none were big enough. So when I was organizing drawers and shelves for the sewing table move I saw I had a "book" of drink coasters. I never use except one beside my recliner for my tea ta night. Tried 4 of them and it works- AND the table no longer wobbles- a problem I thought I would never solve ha ha. So in that process I saw that the red tablecloth on the long table from the sun room now in kitchen area was too small. I thought of the shower curtain I never use because it is too heavy ( but pretty) for a shower curtain as it never dries and remain soggy. so that is perfect also. But in putting that into place I noticed a red stain on it that looked like a spill- still no clue what that was from but it is hidden so who cares. Red cloth is on supper table now.

Necessity- Mother of Invention

I know my apartment will never make front page of House Beautiful , but it works for me. Me hating to spend unnecessary money on things I try to figure out another way. Well my breakfast-lunch-supper table made a metallic scratching noise last week and I found that a floor protector that had been on one leg since 1996 had fallen off. Likely made a clicking sound when vacuumed up- that I ignored. I move the table weekly to vacuum and wet mop. So put a small rug under it. I hate rugs- cannot mop them! So when rearranging drawers in Spring cleaning I noticed I have a "book" of coasters I rarely use. 4 of them really old. They got put to use under each leg. So now no scratching  and no rug. My litter picker upper came in handy. 2 weeks ago I thought I could turn the table upside down and do repairs. big fat no to that. So now it no longer wobbles either. yay.

the old coasters








other table later

*

June 8

making way for all of this







June 9















*
June 11

Sewing machine before new table awkward!

*
June 13
 table arrived and the unboxing


old machine above




Gave my old machine to DelRoy for him to send down to Jamaica to a friend of his. We all thought someone could fix it. Come to find out labor to fix it is 125.00 an hour plus a 100.00 deposit that would go towards labor. But with no promise it could be fixed. :'( So I told him to throw it away. A new machine would be 170 bucks tops for a basic model.
*








No comments:

Post a Comment