View My Stats

Monday, December 16, 2019

RANTS-Holiday Shopping

Not my best time of the year and never has been. I had to finish getting gift cards. First stop was Hyannis Main Street.The store I was aiming for- all parking spots taken within decent walking distance. It was a cold windy day. So I took the next street over and parked at the Hyannis Public Library parking lot. I was the only vehicle! It was a longer walk than I thought, seemed to take forever AND I had the wind in my face. oh joy.
Finally got there and was waited on my a male. 2 gift certificates and he summoned a female to fill them out. She talked to another customer while doing that. Friendly exchange and a few laughs. But wow is that confusing LOL
So walking back took photos along the way- So nice with the wind at my back!



This was a Barnstable County National Bank in the 40s and 50s. A Fleet Bank and Rockland Trust.


I get back to the parking lot and I am no longer the only one. There is a car near the rest rooms and a guy standing by it. Another guy walking towards him but eyeing me as he walks. I pick up my pace and do not make eye contact. Get in truck and leave pronto!
On way to Mall see the Artist Colony shacks. Need to check those out up close some day

as I approach the Mall I see this  image in the back of a vehicle Love it!
so I get into Macy's and wonder if ever I would have worn such a dress- it is a beauty- but sneakers would clash

so... after Hokum Rock I head back to Chatham stopping for gasoline in Harwich Port. Jeepers more creepy people. A car in the other aisle seemed to NOT be buying gasoline but  scoping out the truck and me. And not in a friendly flirty way.  I was glad the receipt printed out as I was not leaving the truck with those two. ugh
enough already!

***

No comments:

Post a Comment