View My Stats

Sunday, April 11, 2021

JOY-SILLY-FUNNY-INTRIGUING

Since I have had rants on here for a few years thought it was about time I gave voice to the small things that spark joy once in a while. I am sure I will miss mentioning a few but here goes. There will not always be photos.

Seeing a robin pull a worm from the earth in March.

Seeing the first robin each year.

Sips of my hot tea on the deck before sunrise. I can do this in  most weather unless I am about to be drenched.

Pine needle path underfoot.

The sound of peepers each year. BUT this year I mistook my ear noises for peepers LOL So gee I am so lucky to hear them year-round! 

Crescent moon pre dawn.

April 10

While sipping tea on the deck after supper I saw what appeared to be a chipmunk ready to sip from the bird bath. But no it was a female cardinal ready to bathe and splash she did.

This morning the 11th I looked out the windows here and there were 2 cardinals in the vines below , a male and female fluttering around.

Black Cap chickadee March 16th around 3 in the afternoon. getting a drink



March 24

bunny rabbit near Dorian's cairn

March 23

the cereal I had to buy because they were out of the Go Lean I like- when you measure it out it is like full of static electricity and flies everywhere. I dished some up and then went to rinse the measuring cup and one had flown up my sleeve- dropped out and stood up. It's the little things

***

You can barely see the bird's nest but it is there along with a shingle blown off the roof! In a hydrangea trained to the outside wall.


 **

 April 20



 

April 26

I heard this incredible bird call repeated over and over outside my window here. Busy as I was with research I had to get up and see what it was all about. It appeared to be a female calling for her mate. I have seen them in the growth below many times flitting about, feeding each other and singing. May 7th and I have not seen them return :(


**

I like to make patterns and designs on top of the glass table top.

This shows a white rock as the center piece. Then while Spring cleaning I had no place to hang this decorative glass globe so I placed it as the centerpiece. We had a horrible wind storm that night and it blew off! Amazing it did not break. So it is back inside and now just a hole.



April 27

such a beautiful cloud formation before sunrise.

April 26

there  is a special kind of joy when you are knitting long rows of muted tones in the yarn and all of a sudden a bright color pops up! yay. but was glad when it switched over to a dark olive green on May 7th LOL

**

April 29

Door wreath I took down the ribbons and added artificial flowers from my collection.


 **

 May 22

a spider in my shower I scooped up and placed outside was still there the next day.


The whimsy  of a miniature golf course creature.


June 1

I prefer sunrises but this was a glorious golden sunset





later

time for supper

**

June 8

a fresh peach. Bought two. Sliced open first one too soon. Ate it anyhow but today this one was perfect. Other half tomorrow. When they pull away from the stone easily.

*

My brother's dog seen from above- looking out truck window just above the sign with his photo on it.



**

Made a lentil soup

1 cup dried lentils 4 cups water simmered one hour.Add capful of dried minced onions  and teaspoon garlic dried simmer another hour it was delicious. BUT wow the powerful farts. LOL

These bubble represent each one.

**

a fresh plum eaten in your underpants.

**

June 19

tiny white dog on the back of a bicycle


then when I was at the light to food shop this to my left . He turned away as soon as I took the photo


 

**

 June 20

seeing an old truck or car in the distance.

**

June 20

seeing Kousa Dogwood blossom


 June 22 2021

Bought 3 new plant saucers to serve as birdbaths. The white teflon fry pan I had out front was wearing out. The small beige one below here was chipped and the small white porcelain  bowl I had near the shower kept getting emptied. The largest I stuck out by the mailbox-tree. It had activity today. The bowl is near the mail box post and that gets dirty from tree droppings. The small grey one where the bowl was must have some activity as it gets debris in it. But the one below that I can see from the kitchen door was wildly active! I had laundry out there on one rack and my lightweight sleeping bag still drying in the sun on another rack. There was an opening between the two and I watched a bird splash around in circles for at least 5 minutes- what joy!

**

June 21

was mentioned in a quiz on facebook of did you ever- relating to paper fortunes which I called cootie catchers as a child.

Decided to make one. Last one was like 5 years ago for some reason.

start with a square of paper- I prefer origami paper which is white on one side and color on the other.

white side up fold in half- open and fold in half again the other direction.


 


open up again white side up and fold each corner into the center


then turn that face down and fold those corners into the center.



Flatten it like above and then fold in half each direction to make it more flexible to "catch".


try it

then on those outer 4 squares write the names of 4 different colors.


turn over and write numbers in each "triangle" preferably odd numbers

then open up and write on the reverse of those "triangles" a wish like: marry a prince, win lottery etc.

and for laughs this is how the white side of the paper photographs

**

2 different shoes. mighty uncomfortable for even seconds!

**

June 

bell flowers and bees


 

For National Camera Day

 a cool reflection on harvest table. clearing harvest table always feels good- but usually cluttered with project shortly.


June 24

rainbow


June 26

finding a Where's George dollar bill. Got it when I changed a larger bill for laundry money and didn't notice it right off. It was in Buzzards Bay 30 days ago.

**

June 27

blue truck has moved LOL

another interesting vehicle for sale in the neighborhood


 

unicorn in Harwich Port


and!

I have a jar for capturing ig them outside. I picked it up to dust it and found a spider had taken up residence LOL

nsects and releasin


July 1 

seeing a chipmunk sip water from the bird bath

**

June

this sign at Independence Park in Hyannis.

if only majority of people felt that way.

**

July 4

I love fireworks and was surrounded by them  but they were hard to catch with the camera.


July 10

driving back from food shop took rt 28 back here and this was ahead of the. Pretty sure it passed me on my way to Orleans as well

Funk Bus



July

new knowledge is a great thing

 funny how the brain works. I was looking at this photo and thought  whatever happened to Jeff Detwiler. ( a customer in the video store). Then laughed because I have driven by this scene numerous times since 1965 and always thought " Morris Island". About 5 years ago realized I was seeing Stage Island. Which my 70+ year old brain keeps saying "Strong Island". nevermind. So I go to google maps and type in Tisquantum ( don't ask) and realize it is really just one island connected to the mainland with a dyke. Anyone care to enlighten me on why 2 islands and why the dyke. In my defense I am really watching the road for avoiding a head on collision and not really "thinking"

**

July 15

I have some pretty intense dreams. I do like when they are life like and relate. I was on facebook checking out pages of people I have known over the years and other interesting people. One looks like a non binary woman who is a florist, first name Greta. The other is a woman, Tara, I have known for years she used to work for the Cape Codder newspaper. She is from Kentucky or Tennessee I forget which. She owns the house where Jack once lived on Main Street. I was in the dream, but not visible, and we were talking about Greta. I was trying to remember her address to explain her to  and Tara said oh yes Mouse Hole road. I check it out on a map and it is Field House Road- which every time I see it looks like Field Mouse road.

mystery solved.

*

July 16

My brother got a new spiffy mower this year took forever to arrive for the usual covid reasons I heard strange noises below after lunch - it was brother sharpening mower blades and washing the mover. Cutest thing! brother & cat


 

changed front scarves at windows- these give me more joy and comfort than the knit triangles I had up there for a couple of weeks.


*

July 22

new bunny rabbit growing quickly


 **

July 27 

I love Summer , this has been a long hot one. and humidity. While indexing photos of gravestones I ran across this photo taken in Pine Grove cemetery in West Harwich March 14 of 2021. It reminded me how different a blue sky is depending upon the season. As much as I hate being cold this blue sky is very comforting.

**

July 30

a cool car caught it as it was leaving the health club.

*

a beautiful sunset- last of July 2021

 

*

a predawn crescent moon- not clear and fine wispy clouds that looked like an aurora borealis at first.




 March 14 2020

going through and adding gravestone photos to Find a Grave and I run across many views in cemeteries with blue skies and feel such joy seeing that blue. I always thought of myself as a "Summer" person. Not that I am a beach  goer or anything. But I love warm nights, less clothes and the glorious flowers. But these skies!

A classic Mustang

rt 137 intersection


*

a red pear. bought 3 all of them were delicious.

August 31
Inherited another glass top table- I have changed it since then but here is the first arrangement


 
 

view from deck


 seeing wild life

Haven't seen a turtle in 30 years.On my way to recycle and return

September 4


seeing a Porsche- wanted a side view but that didn't happen.

*

older car


September 3

bees and cosmos


I love the weekly circulars especially the one from Ocean State Job Lot- it always has things that make me laugh that I would never buy. 

Bubble Yoga Pants

at first I thought they were bubble wrap in the form of pants and like a toy you could pop the bubbles. but no they are for losing weight and cellulite.


always good to laugh at yourself- a photo taken mistakenly of my lap LOL

September 6

closer view of that car but I still need to stop and check out the details.

*

September 11

Corporation beach. No matter the season this beach gives me joy from a high perch!

Then Hardings the next day and wind sailers


September 10

My glass top tables joy






September 13

Mom did a lot of needlework over the years. First big project I remember her doing was a big red table cloth for the eating table at Bay Shore in Tom's River. It was a huge table maybe sat 15 people. She did edging and decorative cross stitch on each corner and along the edges. She got no real thanks fro the Moore- Elliott Hollenback side. Their remark was " I'm not washing and ironing that!" No problem Mom would do that and take it with us when we would return to Drexel Hill. Then give it to them laundered to take back. sigh. people.  So recently I have rearranged the kitchen here and am back to using the drawers for eating utensils. I cover the utensil bin  or whatever it is called with an old linen napkin . I have been washing and ironing this particular one for many years and just recently saw that it is a floral design in the corner. Thanks Mom.


September 21

I saw something struggling in the bird bath under the bird feeder below. Went over and took a photo- It was a cricket. I found a stick and flicked it out and it hopped away. That night I heard a cricket extra loud below- sweet!

*

September 23

a pair of used boots on the back of DelRoy's car.

*

seeing a vanity plate and thinking- wow the registry allowed kunz?


*

September Harding's Beach


October 3

capturing the glassy surface of Oyster Pond.


 

Bat man

October 9

Pulling into a parking space and seeing the mileage turn to 150,000

*

October 17

golfers caught me snapping pix LOL Looks like Burt Smith


*

I went into Staples looking for a quick release plate for the tripod. nope. Also to check out what went into the old Musicsmith Booksmith store that went out of business. that's in another blog. But as I was leaving that parking lot I saw out of the corner of my eye what looked like a miniature zebra prancing in the aisle! I mean it could have been a child's toy or something. I could not get a photo of it from that angle but continued to leave the parking lot and it was a woman with a blond ponytail blowing in the wind. I did catch her bending over though LOL

*

October 23 

I love Halloween and saw this display in Star Market. I had the Chuckie doll as my avatar on facebook until someone pointed out that it was a trump chucky LOL Not wanting to offend anyone I removed it- so here it is along with a skull





and everyone always seems to find heart shaped things in nature. I do not look for them but saw this the other day.

new ironing board cover!

I wondered why it did not fit- well there were 3 old ones underneath. Fits fine with those gone


On a walk to the post office to mail a card to tell Bill Moore that Morgan Moore died I saw a few "funny" things. Also noticed it takes me over 30 minutes instead of the old 20 minutes there and back. oh well what's the rush right?

a lock on a highway fence



and at 8:41am on way to shop- starlings swarming

November 6

on way back from food shop captured these images of joy.

3 shades of blue at Pleasant Bay


female solitude-alone

male solitude- a pair fishing





*

November 14

Met up with my  friend Dara and we exchanged "gifts" I gave her rosemary from my garden, Ginger Mint Julep and a purple pansy still in bloom. Bag of  Goldfish crackers as a joke- we used to eat them on our rides. and 2 cuties oranges.

She gave me 4 macoun apples that I have eaten 2 of already then are tender and delicious! A bag of garlic she grew- I roasted 3 bulbs the first day and ate all three yum. And purple potatoes that I roasted along with the garlic. Slowly eating them up too.



*
November 6

Pleasant Bay

November 7

at Seaside Cemetery 

no idea where it came from


*

Halloween decorations of pumpkins in a row

trick or treat Harwich Port Main street


 

November 21

on way back from meeting up with Dara-  seeing a jet trail

*

November 27

windy here usually- Chatham Frd lost an "H"


*

December 4

Pleasant bay beautiful as always


*

December 18

I love cutting my own hair, like every 6 months or so.

maybe should have taken more off the bangs.





fox figurine in Union Cemetery Chatham



seeing dress shoes in Star market self check out.

low light poor photo.

December 21 

I delivered some candy and cookies to the people who work at the waste disposal site.



December 20

new welcome mat I got at Ocean State Job Lot with my crazy card- 2.00


switched out the decorations for my wreath

Autumn


Winter


December 21

got down to Harding's beach beautiful view and a small pine tree decorated along the side of the road AND a National Grid truck parked near me that I had to pass both ways to the dune. It was too cold and windy to "be friendly and chat" in case it was one of the service people who come here. :(



the tree









December 30-31

opening packages bought a watch and soup spoons with visa card from Paula





*

Winter arrangement of stones on glass top table- until we get another storm


*



















No comments:

Post a Comment