View My Stats

Wednesday, July 14, 2021

FAMILY: Mom

 July 14 2021

My mother had a nickname "Dolly Varden" when she was young. I heard about it and never gave it much thought until just now! ( we all have many nicknames in this family) So I am reading Barnaby Rudge by Dickens while I eat supper. Come in here and try to remember the character named Sim last name ending in TIT. So I google the book and it seems it is one of the unpopular ones- not made into many movies like the others. I didn't want to catch too many "spoilers" but saw "Dolly Varden". Now I wonder, and will never know, why Mom was given that name. Maybe when I finish the book I will know LOL

oh and the name was Simon Tappertit


December 23 2021

My brother placed a beautiful spray on Mom's grave as he does every year.

It hides the stripe rock- my contribution ha ha from years ago.

*



No comments:

Post a Comment