View My Stats

Friday, December 10, 2021

FOOD: Peanut butter cookies without peanut butter

 So finally ate the last of the graham crackers and decided to make my own cookies. I usually make oatmeal bars. Easy one pan cut up into 24 servings. I had a hankering for my Peanut butter cookies and had all the ingredients.

I started out eager. Then realized the dough would make 4 dozen cookies. I first wanted to roll them into balls and flatten. Then realized that would be too much. So dropped them from spoons and flattened. It was still an arduous task good grief. They were austere at first but more flavorful after a couple of days in the freezer. I think last time I made them- maybe 10 years ago I used soy nut butter but that company went out of business. And I am pretty sure I used half & half honey molasses in the recipe.oh and the bottle of honey said 12 ounces. Thought I would have plenty. It was net weight so I had a little less than 8 ounces. My hand jerked when I was measuring the vanilla so probably lost a dollars worth. I could NOT believe the price!

I will try again

but here is the recipe

1 cup sunflower seed butter

1 cup honey or 1/2 cup honey- half cup molasses 

1 container ( single serving) of Mott's unsweetened applesauce 

1 - 1/2 teaspoons vanilla

1/3 teaspoon baking soda

2 cups whole wheat flower

1/2 cup flax seed meal.

measure and place wet ingredients in mixing bowl.

measure and place dry ingredients ina  plastic bags and shake to mix.

Preheat oven 350 . cover baking sheet with tin foil and parchment paper. Do them in 4 batches of 12. Drop from teaspoon and flatten with a wet fork they bake in 12 minutes but check they burn easily. I suppose I should add that wet ingredients are creamed and add dry mix well.

*


 




Been eating two a day with my second coffee. I had planned on one each day. good grief.

*


No comments:

Post a Comment