View My Stats

Friday, December 10, 2021

HIKES: Pah Wah Pond

 Wanted to check out a hike off Namequoit and took time before shopping for a sweatshirt to go down there. A tad confusing so I cointacted Orleans Conservation trust LOL my query and their answer

Hello.
I drove down Namequoit road and parked off to the right. (this is before checking out your web site). Web site by the way , when I searched Pah Wah came up zip. I had to google and it got me to this page
While there on Sunday I took photos- one attached of the sign in question. I looked beyond that sign and saw a one lane road. Was going to drive up there and look for the parking lot for Pah Wah. BUT a car was coming out and I hate backing up!
So please clarify for me where to park. Was I parked in the one spot in front of that sign! LOL
Not complaining- just need an explanation.The "parking ahead on right" is the tough part.
Thank you

answer:
Thanks for reaching out!  Parking for Paw Wah is up that single-lane road on the right.  The parking area is decent size and the trailhead is just beyond.  I should mention that this is a Town property and not owned by the Orleans Conservation Trust – which I work for.  BUT feel free to reach out with any questions about Open Space in Orleans.  If I cannot answer your question, I will find someone who can. 

 






I may explore here sometime later. ha ha

**


No comments:

Post a Comment