View My Stats

Friday, December 24, 2021

2022: ICE SCULPTURES & OTHER FROZEN THINGS -ART

 looks like I have two artsy things going on here

Art

I have a  3rd cousin I found through dna- we are now friends on facebook. She moved to Tennessee  recently from California so cold weather is a novelty she is experimenting with. She laid some Autumn leaves on top of a saucer of water and they froze and made a glass (ice) plate. Very effective and wonderful looking. So I decided to give it a try but no leaves left. " All the leaves are brown and the skies are grey..."

So I am chronicling  the process with evergreens. mainly the volunteer juniper nearby and clippings from my rosemary plant.

It never really froze through. Either the evergreens keep it warm or I checked it too many times. We will see tomorrow what it does.














December 25
done and melting








melting




**

tried a second on which failed but used the paper snowflake cut out I experimented in making.It took until January 4th to fail. LOL


January 4 2022





*

January 23

started one and then the weather was too warm it finally froze. Using  artificial red geranium petals and leaves.


Took a photo then it slipped from my hand into the shrub below. Try bending over while on a stairway



 
If I run out of inspiration I can do frozen knitwear.



The above from January 27

*


December 8

setting up for the first hard frost and an ice sculpture




December 13

it finally froze.






*
December 17
winds were so bad here they blew the ice sculpture pan off the deck and into the bushes below.


December 22
red beads-


the melting on the 24th

*
December 27
white bead ice sculpture 9:55am to 2pm meltdown








*





No comments:

Post a Comment