View My Stats

Monday, January 10, 2022

2022: ART

 iCE SCUPTURES 2021

January 6- tried a third time. It eventually failed because it got snowed and rained on and was too thick Used yarn that Dara had around a gift- colorful and good texture 

January 8


 


January 9 melting


January 9 & 10 Ballerina ice sculpture

covered it on the 9th as it would get rained or snowed on and be too deep.







*

ballerinas after



 *

Yarn one started January 14.

too cold and windy to check progress



 


*

January 19 & 20

Water beads



 they kind of disappear once more water is added.

finally froze






*

January 26

lost this had to download from facebook post. First touch and it fell into shrubs




February 4, 5 & 6

well this ice sculpture has been rained on snowed on and failed multiple times Too much water in the saucer makes it thick and not transparent. too little and the weight of the objects makes it break. Yesterday when I checked it in that frigid air I picked it up and it looked solid but poured icy water on my boot. Today it worked.


 








*

The recent one falling apart already and I tossed it like a frisbee down the stairs.


video of it

frisbee ice sculpture


**

February 6

new set up eyes keep moving willy nilly




The bead work at the bottom of the stairs from the frisbee attempt


eyeball ice sculpture progress

February 9





*

February 10

re do




 *

February 14

It finally froze and fell apart. It was plenty cold so I think something like glycerine leaked from the fake eyeballs.




fall apart






February 16

Gumby Ice Sculpture



February 16

Gumby melting

February 20

Pokey ice sculpture


 



Pokey had to wait a couple of days for it to get cold enough. Then he had a nice hot bath.




February 20

Trying to get artsy fartsy with photography and the propeller view



February 27

while I was outside in the bitter cold trying to feed birds and not fall down! I noticed the pattern the bird feeder made on the table and decided to have some pattern fun! I noticed with my shadow in showed the light coming from below. pretty cool.







*

March 5

Marble Ice Sculpture - made with kaleidoscope marble I was hoping they would break but nope.



June 26

Art in the Park
































new walk













































the obligatory litter next to Yellow Umbrella Books

November 21 

first ice sculpture of 2022-2023 season of cold weather






tried to move it to better light and it slipped and shattered.

what it looked like in the dish


dish found on way back from a hike




**
December 27
I believe in keeping a sharp edge on my mental health. I found this vase in the woods a few years ago. The bases of glass objects fascinate me. I left it outside hoping Mother Nature would do her thing and break it for me with extreme temperatures etc. nope. So today after food shop-(Tuesday I have determined is the absolute worst day to shop. ) & looking for a cheap landline phone that does NOT need electricity. Going to add here that I at one time had 10 spare phones like this.As each one broke I had a replacement on hand. down to zip. So today after all that I was imagining ways to break the vase and not have a flying shard embed itself in my eye,calf or neck. Had to rule out my first choice of tossing it in the parking lot.Grabbed my trusty hammer and grabbed 2 of the paper bags I keep in the truck, It was not as rewarding as the guys at the dump tossing recycled glass into a pile of glass. but it will do. Got some cool shapes from the activity. They have been washed and readied for their photo shoot.
art or repurposing


the above before breaking with hammer







*



No comments:

Post a Comment