View My Stats

Thursday, January 6, 2022

2022-JOY & ODDITIES

 Opening packages. This was the package the Bohemian Bird note cards came in!

Owl Pellet kit- not exactly like described on amazon and I am waiting for a calm day- wind wise and me- to attempt a dissection.


there are at least 2 egg shaped pellets wrapped in foil

*

whimsy in Orleans Cemetery with Morris Fuller's stone

*

January 13

triangle at Seaview street- buoy tree


 January 13

I do not wear jewelry or buy it but this window display always gives me joy. all sparkly!



*

January 24

candy canes stuck in the ground at entrance-exit to Commerce Park

January 20

birthday card


 

spoon rest- tea bag rest


and the book from my brother- Where's Bowie

fashioned after Where's Waldo 

LOL

*

finally got a task lamp at Target using part of Jer's gift card

got this book on Nazi prisoners of war in the USA during world war 2 used the rest of gift card from Bob P at amazon


 

February 20

spent up some gift cards with little money on them at CVS. Got, among other things, a back brush which is not perfect but and some new scrunchies which are tight but will break in I hope. Seems like everything I buy just misses the mark somehow.


February 24

I know Spring cannot be far behind when the holiday cemetery decorations turn brown and I can clear them away. Usually I can remove the artificial decorations one by one and recycle the greens in the compost pile. But this year all was wound up so tightly with florist wire all I could do was clip away what I could and put the rest in the trash. ho hum.




*

March 5

love finding rusty old metal parts. Lug nut?



Marxh 10

seeing a wasp this early!


*

That same day a new kitty roamed through the yard here then I saw him later out by the "rotary" near Malone's

have not seen it since.

March 12

I break a lot of things being either clumsy or careless or they just fall apart. This bell was given to Mom and me back in 2002 I think it was. I rang that tiny bell every day since then to cleanse the air. I was
Spring " cleaning and wanted to move a lamp that was high on the barristers chest and hit the bell and it came crashing down. scattered a lot of shrapnel! I save some pieces to add to my "broken collection.

So it is not the joy of breaking but the joy of saving odd pieces.




*

The pieces are now displayed in the bulb cover that used to cover the ceiling light in the kitchen. When I had to change bulbs the glass covered was too unwieldy and heavy so I left it off. Now searching for foil fringe to hang up there and in the stairway LOL

*

March 16

while Jer & Kar  were in Key West I emailed this photo to Jer- his two men DelRoy on the left and Riley on the right. Sylvester their friend in the middle. I find the Calvin Klein sweat shirt funny!

*

among the litter I cleaned up was this glass vase- looked like it was full of mud- it was just leaves. I haven't figured out what to do with it yet.


where it is now- below with my flower pots


 

March 25

when Jer was here fixing the kitchen sink drain he gave me a skull decal and a sugar skull head. Love it





*

March 26

I had been searching for stainless steel measuring spoons and stainless steel measuring cup- the cups without a rim that collects stuff. No where to be found. so settled for plastic. Have yet toi use them but have them finally.

ha ha

*

The crushed remains of the above saved vase

and I collect rocks that interest me. this one looks like it is wrapped in a membrane

*

April 9

love these painted art shacks on South street Hyannis



 and this old house on Sea street

April 21

bird BATH not toilet

April 20

feels good  to go through clothes and donate and free up some space and hangers.

white short that was lovely for the Sears uniform from 2003-2006. But too tight in shoulders and arms now


 Land's end shirt for Sears uniform just no longer comfortable

long sleeve version of Land's end shirt

black version of the white Charter Club shirt

black and white shirt that was such a cool pattern of what looked like 19th century mine workers or such. I do not think I had worn it in 20 years. It was great when I worked in retail.


teal green Henley top that is LLBean soft but cut short in the arms and length. finally gave it away after 20 some years

oh this pink magenta Mandarin collar shirt I loved it. Must have bought it in the 80s but alas it no longer fit this body

This knit turtleneck sweater was beautiful worn with my purple corduroy pants. After so many years the neck became too  tight and too itchy. so let someone else deal with it.

so when I finally got to the dump recycling area to donate- there are at least 5 different company bins for donations. all full to the hilt but one that was almost full. Its hole was too high so I strained a muscle pushing it up and in.

grrr.

April 22

the black ants were a bit early this year and aggressive and many of them. They would disappear for a day or two when it got frigid but be right back the next day. I do not intentionally kill them. I usually flick them outside when they stick to the microfiber dish cloth. This one was not that fortunate- wrong place wrong time on the kitchen cabinet. And I did not see it happen.


*

Hot Chocolate Sparrow and bikers


While at Rock Harbor took this photo of a reflection. I did not realize until I uploaded it and zoomed in that there was a "fish" reflection in the ripples.

April 26

I like Spring cleaning and organizing. Just wish it was not a "constant". I needed to make better use of the sewing machine area. Of course I got distracted with rock collection  and clearing off the harvest table







cleared sewing machine area

May 3

getting rid of more clothing-

a sweater I bought for the uniform at Sears. I wore it recently and wondered why it was so tight. It was a small! What ever made me buy small?


black cotton sweater that was very nice when I dressed like that- too clingy now.

red mock turtle neck that came to the waist- useless for me

black ribbed short sleeve top too small.

flip flops I actually out grew LOL

this orange Oriental print dress I loved. no longer fits

This light cotton jersey print was so comfortable I wore it over 20 years. I was from Land's End.

two red slit neck mock turtle necks. That really were never comfortable but we wore them. I think bought at Maglebees in Orleans.


May 17

I never remember where I post my haircuts LOL but this time I cut my hand with the tips of the scissors too. oh joy. Took about 10 days to heal




it was cut too short but growing in- June 7

*

May 17

decorating the table below. I pushed the mirrors out of this old dress and used them




*

May 19

waited for over 2 years for a gas meter change. Finally on May 19 he showed up and it was blue eyes. Looking fabulous.

They called first and it did not sound like him- he has a "Boston" area accent.

It was raining and the men were below smoking their weed. So after a few minutes I had to go upstairs with a headache and neuralgia attack  But hey after all that I was able to take pix of him. I would not have been able to do that otherwise. Got his name Kevin O'Connor from his name tag and that he was born in West Roxbury. But jokingly said he was italian after I said he looked Irish. In fact he could be a double for a younger Alec Baldwin. My eye candy for the year.


extras









*

May 21 

Cumberland Farms in Hyannis. Woman ahead of me in camo shorts that didn't hide anything LOL

*

May 22

Jer spray painting chairs- he may need a larger tarp :)


 


*

May 21

finally found an eyeglass repair kit and it was on amazon. Repaired 5 glasses. one of them broke in the templer the next day. Have to figure out how to fix that

but a cool looking kit!


May 23

gas meter numbers

one on left goes to Jer's boiler & heat

10617169

apartment hot water to the right

May 26

health club junk and balancing tires

May 29

scarf curtains in front room. They have changed since then but

.


8

May 31

A smaller than normal trash barrel appeared in the lot below and looked dirty on the outside. I had no clue where it came from. Later learned it is tarp storage.

always love running across an old photo- these are Nucha my forst cat and a view at Harding's beach


*

June 7

while I was making room for putting away Winter bedding I found a few quilted appliance covers. I gave away at the recycling center at the dump all of them BUT the yellow one that fits over the mixer.  

June 10

my glass teapot arrived. Working out well so far! I have to be very careful though- one I got at Teavana shattered.




I do not use their lid though too hard to clean and remove all the time- using the glass lid from the old Teavana

Old teapot and new teapot

June 14

I finally found some VO-5 hot oil treatment for my hair and used a bit. Next day I noticed this on the kitchen counter and wondered what it came from

it was the twist off cap to the VO-5. good thing I did not eat it

*

June 18

minnow nets for sale at Star Market.I have never done that or butterfly catching- but these look like fun

June 25

Patio Logs

sweaty jogger on main street

vending machine tattoos

July 6
 
When I was out on the kitchen deck sipping my tea per usual before 5am the air was pale blue and everything seemed to glow. Have not seen that phenomenon since the 1990s. I used to walk up on Oval road when we lived there and one morning I was surrounded by clouds! and that blue glow. very cool.

*

June 30

I like to make things using things I have on hand. These wooden beads have been waiting for A project for ay least 5 years maybe 10. I wanted something that would make noise when the kitchen door was opened. Though thinking back on this by that time too late. I need bells at the bottom of the outside stairway LOL. The beads fell apart in a day and I ended up stringing them on bent wire and hung in the sun room. :)

July 3

Jer making floweer boxes


*

July 15

Cleaning today noticed something on the floor. Mind you this same area was wet swiffered last night because of a spill. I vacuumed this morning  and wet mopped with the Libman. I wondered what was tiny and hard on the floor. Thought it was a stray piece of breakfast cereal that is hard as a rock, of which there are many in a box. Saving that for another rant. But no this was a mini chick. Mom and I collected these cheap little things that were maybe 1.00 30 years ago. Bunnies, cats, rabbits horses etc. I think there are 4 left of the collection.. Then I remembered how my elbow hit a mini curio shelf when I moved a table MONTHS ago and 27 small curios  went flying. This one sure traveled far- 20 feet.


July 19

I love the smell of fresh cut wood- be it a tree or for carpentry. This trailer load was from a job the men did. I was tempted to ask for some stumps but could not think of a place for more. I have one below.





July 25 

While working through gravestone photos, over 1.000 of them to do, I ran across this from October 4 2020 in Peoples Cemetery. Love finding things so BOLD with no obvious reason behind them..

July 28

I love to clean iron and organize

Had to re do my list of inventory of what is in what drawers because of the sloppy handwriting and well I moved stuff and forgot to take notes :)

July 2022
Drawers Inventory
Corner Totes
Bottom: Martha Stewart Quilt
top: cat quilt lavender quilt
in front: Winter window, table cloths,heating pad
Phone corner
Bottom:Red sleeping bag
top: light sleeping bag, purple warm feelings blanket, red snuggly
Tote under Harvest Table:Light blankets, truck seat blankets
****************************************
9 Drawer dresser
panties-head blankets-head blankets
sleep underwear- sleep tops
Summer bottoms-polar fleece bottoms
snow pants- polar fleece bottoms
Dresser by door
tank tops-thermal tops
leggings-thermal bottoms
towels
sheets pillowcases dresser scarves

Tall Dresser
Jeans
Jeans
Yoga pants
hand made shawls
orange shawls
*** FIRST AID IN DRAWER IN KITCHEN WITH POT HOLDERS ***
************************************
DRAWERS ON WHEELS
 East Wall
wool socks
hand made socks
legwarmers
wool hats
hats
Summer hats
**
South Wall
drawers with broekm wheels
polar hats
vitamins
2 drawers of neck warmers
2 drawers of scarves
**
2 drawers T shirts
henleys short sleeve tops
2 drawers of shalws
gloves and mittens
**
2 drawers wool sweaters
turtle necks
tops
shawls
large scarves
**
list kept in  mask drawers by recliner

**

July 31

After frustrating food shopping on Saturday I decided to get to Hyannis on Sunday and check out recliners and computer chairs . All that that entails will go into the rant post. On my way back I was hot and hungry- stuffing my face with Gold fish crackers and grapes. Decided to stop at Carol's on my way just as I approached where she lives. Her front door was open so I figured she was home I was able to pull in at an angle so it would be easy to leave and head back here. Knocked on the screen door and called out her name and mine. She asked me in I stood at the door while she say. Her kitty came right up to me and was so friendly! Such a boost to my feelings. Haven't seen Carol in a few years. Usually she is not there but also there were pandemic restrictions. Buddy is her new kitty and so adorable.



*

July 27

moved eating utensils to the right of the sink and moved the saran,foil and bags to the left of the stove. In an attempt to reduce the crumbs that end up with silverware. Still happens. but.




*

August 7

This could be a rant sort of about how hard it is to buy things here. Cannot quite do the recliner or the computer chair online but I did a lot on amazon

I added 200 to my amazon gift card figuring that was enough. I had about 3.00 left LOL but then as the orders processed I got refunds on the shipping for items that were delayed. so 

July 31

2 paring knives arrived. very sharp LOL cut myself on my left hand ring finger washing one of them and frantically fixed it with a butterfly closure. Lesson learned again

*

vacuum cleaner bags due Tuesday

*

7 metal jingle bells for door due Tuesday

*

Brass hose nozzle received

*

Vitabath received

*

Sony CD cassette player due Tuesday

*

Cuisinart silicone spatulas due Thursday

*

stick incense due August 29- September 12- need this desperately- so musty in the air.

*

Jockey underwear due Tuesday

*

pix of received

knives

hose nozzle


Vitabath


*

still waiting for spatulas and the stick incense

but my cd player showed up along with it the jingle bells and vacuum cleaner bags

 My cd player broke over 5 years ago. It was one I had given my mother and was at least 25 years old. So what do I do when tired of trying to hear my cds on the lap top- I replaced it with the almost exact same player from Sony. Except I could not find the power button. I go online hoping someone posted a youtube video pointing it out. I ended up on Sony page and searched and could not find it there. Did their little survey and filled their ears with... So when in doubt get out the manual. tiny print. Like unfolding a gasoline station map too. Finally found the button. LOL press it and nothing. oh no not a return. nope the plug connection on the back of the player had fallen out. Used my brute force plugging it back in. ah it is not fancy but I am getting to listen to my classical cds for the first time in a long time.The new and Old






okay the only disappointment so far is the jingle bells. they are tiny- the size of a green pea. All 7 of them do not make enough noise to waken a sleeping flea. Getting them on the jump rings or whatever those are called was a chore and a half.



 






The Jockey panties are okay, not perfect. Wonder why they see the need to use industrial strength elastic at the waist but. The leg holes are not huge. You can see the comparison to a pair I have that are size 7- to the new 8s.

They washed nicely but at 25 bucks for 3 pairs you would think they would have more color variety. 2 are pale green of a differing pattern the other is a grey.

inadvertently in the frame is my stomach in underwear like a comparison with the package LOL



*

vacuum cleaner bags sorely needed- never easy to find here.

 

*

August 14

still no incense but the spatulas showed up in my mailbox. yay I can  use more than 3 a day.

*

I like to de-clutter every few days by rearranging collections and tossing one.  I had cut the fringe, so annoying, from all scarves etc and they were colorful so I displayed them in a tall clear vase. Decided to toss that after a few years and replaced  the fringe with seashells that were so weather beaten they were blowing off ot the outer window sill where they were displayed.

photo later- or maybe now but windows decided to hide them after uploading :)

debating whether to add to these the mermaid's toenail I have in a separate glass. but nope I like those separate.



*

oops forgot to add the fringe photo LOL

August 20

got a note in my mailbox that the post man was unable to deliver a package because I was not here to sign. I am here! Called post office and told them to hold it and I would be in Saturday to mail a package to Pennsylvania and sign for the incense. Well of course the clerk could not find the package. I finally told him it was small and would smell like incense. and it did! ah just in time- the air has been so rank. Frankincense


my first choice. delightful.

*

Earlier this year I decided to let my toenails grow. Not like Howard Hughes but not short like I have done for almost 70 years. Read somewhere that is how ingrown nails happen. So. It is a bit scary though the toe next to the little piggy almost feels like it could flip back and rip off. LOL 

*

August 27

while recycling I noticed a grasshopper hitching a ride on the truck door. I f;licked it and it ended up on the steering wheel then disappeared. Got back here and it was on my shoulder then my hair then I could not find it.


August 24

The waffke weave dish cloths showed up and not as light weight as ones I have had before- so hope I do not get calluses on the palms of my hand wringing them out, English lavender soap that I cannot find in stores, a kitchen timer and Dr Scholls socks. they seem tight at anklegrrr but washed them  and will try soon I can snip the elastic




 oh and the incense showed up.

*

August 29

Men showed up to do a clean up all around the complex here. Kind of like a back to school hair cut where the bangs are too short- but it will grow. Some things missing but I cannot figure out what. Also I need a  large stone moved and two pots tossed into the rough area. And the obvious the fence fixed and jungle trimmed back but I was told that will happen :)





 

 

 





























September 1

From about 1954 to 1959 we lived on Collenbrook in Pennsylvania. My room faced West, and had red curtains my Mom made from pillowcases at that one window . They stood on end on a good Summer Day. I could see the Bing Cherry tree from that window, the swing set, the setting sun. September 2022 all those memories came flooding back to me as I was ironing red curtains I made and scarves I hang in the windows here. The front windows face West, and this happens. It is wonderful. oh and yes those are socks on the handle bars of the exercycle- they blew off in these winds.










August 31 

Brita Filter Pitcher showed up on Jer's door step- wet. LOL

Got that washed and working immediately! Not as good as Poland Springs water but it will have to do. Poland Springs water is heavy and more expensive.



*

September 4

while shopping for paint for the  new door below  I was leaving the parking lot and marveled at how people just saunter along- seeing someone trying to leave. I am in no rush but. BUT it gave me the opportunity to indulge in my favorite pastime - taking pix of asses. I like to guess what type of underwear they have on. I assume the guy here is going "commando"


*

I seem to be honing my skills of breaking things lately. So now in search of stainless steel spoon rests. I use them for spoon rests, tea bags, vitamins, small snacks and when I want to split a container of yogurt into 2 servings it is easier to lick it clean. ha ha

The latest casualty



 I saved this in my jar of broken things.

August 31

On my morning walk in the parking lot I count my rounds with small ballerina figures and when possible on the back of the black truck which is somewhat flat. I notice this one morning - the rising sun catching the bug doodle. pretty cool!


September 5

anything to do with JP has to be joy so LOL

This boat turned bottom up has been in his yard a while I will try to get a better view next time- like a huge this net on the bottom

*

September 7

When I walk outside I like to keep track of how many rounds I do. If I used stones I would forget. So using these little ballerinas which were bought to embed in melt & pour soap- I have 9 of them. I walk with one in my hand for a round and place it down and pick up a different one. Works so far and I am finally using them



 *

September 2

The barricade fell down, now to get the men to remove it so it does not return!


 September 2

cleaned the one remaining bird feeder. wow it was clogged. The birds were hanging out and waiting. It was kind of an iffy day. After it dried for two day they were waiting in a row on top of the fence. poor babies. :)


*

September 20

 Is it just me? or has this happened to you? Proceeding with Autumn cleaning.I have a storage unit next to bathroom  sink. Upper lidded thing has shampoo first aid etc Pull out bin below that has, painting tools, caulk a lonely paint stirrer and a canister of diatomaceous earth. Do you see where this is going. Pulled out that drawer and wanted to take the items out. back corner EVERYTHING is stuck like it is set in concrete. Upon close inspection the caulk cracked and leaked. bye bye to that drawer.. uckfay emay as I used to say.




**

a facebook friend posted a memory it was this photo of Aronimink dance class . I am not in it. Mama Grace was sick that year and her son, my father, would have to use the car to go see her on Friday nights so I missed a few dances.

I will post the photo I have of those dances


Back row. ..Bob Boham, John Wilson, Steve Bradley, Jim Gallager, David Mushrush, Richard Anderson, Roy Layton, Judy Newman, Sandy Wells, Frankie Yaskin, Leah Gross, Sue Hrom, Vicki Donohue, Barbara Esher, Janet Lovely.
FRONT ROW.....Rick Shiebly, John Ullman, Ronnie March, Carol Hahn, Frank Berger, Janice Deaver, Sally Lockner, Nina Rosoff, Sally Phayre.
VERY FRONT. ....Chris Kelly

my photo



middle of top photo, to the right on bottom photo

*

September 12

amazon orders keep rolling in

box with curtain rods and computer chair, custard cups, long underwear top etc.











oh yes warm inner soles form my Merrells and plastic sheeting for Winterizing the windows

Bought myself a jarred candle for the stinky bathroom when they are doing something "extra" at the waste water treatment plant. Burns nicely. but I was hoping it would deoderize the room by just leaving the lid off. nope. oh well.

September 10

I love to clean. I had to rearrange the inside of the refrigerator to make room for the Brita water pitcher. So the refrigerator looks mighty empty the morning of food shop


September 8

the pale pink reading lamp which by the way I bought "bluelights" for and they are not blue. ha ha. No matter how I blockade below they still bring packages up here.



 







8

October 4

cleaning continued. Paula mentioned she was going to do her windows. I decided good time to do mine since it is colder this year.

This is the earliest I have ever uglified, I mean Winterized, the windows in the apartment. Usually I can hold out until at least November 1. Up and down the step ladder multiple times holding on to windows and walls. Used enough paper towels to make an environmentalist cringe and Windex and Lysol wipes for the never ending Cape Cod mold. Apparently my arms have shrunk along with the rest of me. I could not reach the kitchen sink windows to clean them. I was able to spray them liberally and would have loved to let them dry clean LOL dream on. But improvised by pulling a sleeve from an old strangulating turtleneck over my Swiffer duster mop. perfect. well my perfect. Listened to Madame Butterfly and lipsynced through the entire process. I am waiting for screens to dry to finish the other windows.
OH! had to rehome a huge 2 inch spider from kitchen window by gently coaxing him outside. He had accumulated a lot of fatalities in the cob webs. woo hoo! 



screens done up on deck no hose. pain in the ass but got done with jugs of soapy water. vacuum first










this pack of 9 sheets of plastic for the windows tears very easily.



same day

a bit long- sorry not sorry...
Back to the sneakers. When I first put them on early morning on Monday I was a bit disappointed- I saw no purple on them like in the store. Happy to report that in good lighting they are purple inside and have purple highlights outside but are basically grey and memory foam So I know to gently break them in. They look bland LOL. So today I waited all day it seems for UPS to pick up the cell phone return and the curtain rods return. He showed up about 3pm. I had been falling sleep from the window cleaning routine since after lunch. I sooo wanted a nap. While fighting this I was keeping busy cleaning window decorations that will not go up until late Spring. And I saw my tiny bells hanging on the windout for the window. ah ha. Silly item I bought thinking they were larger. They are the size of a fat pea. Last Spring I was walking the path at Harding's beach that leads to the dismantled lighthouse. I heard bells jingle and was enchanted. I want whatever those are. It was a woman on horse back. I searched in vain on the internet then saw these on amazon and bought them- less than 6 bucks. I get them and you can barely hear them. boo hoo. So today I think perfect- my new sneakers need some bling. I knew a use would make itself known. And they actually make a slight jingle. ha ha
Silly note when I was trying to photograph them on the Jockey flyer I got in the mail I had a thought- why no scratch & sniffs like perfume ads in those flyers.
so no nap but I am awake enough to cook supper now.







*

September 14

computer chair parts- still parts October 7







September 16

I hate cold weather. But while Autumn cleaning we got a cold snap and I was freezing. So decided it was time ro wash the windows and screens  and put up the plastic BUT first I had to haul out the Winter blankets. Not the sleeping bags just yet. So I am more comfortable napping and trying to sleep at night. So my blanket rocker is ready!





September 19


free standing toilet paper holder.Let me start by saying I used to cut the back of my hand with the one installed on the wall. That was always falling apart too. So got this. First pee- I leaned forward to get up and hit my forehead square in the middle on the knob. so...

it arrived in a flat envelope!







**

October 15

a friend got covid and needed food so I shopped his list and mine. how confusing- we do not eat the same stuff!Turkey sausage, sour cream, sesame seed hamburger buns , Cuties, small onion, got him a honey nut squash to try and his yams. Picked up his bagels at Jo Mama's first figuring Star would not have the pumpernickel ones. and they didn't but 7 bucks for 4 bagels. wow. they are big though. I had him pay me with a e gift card from amazon. They did not have coffee ice cream he wanted- the compartments were solid ice.

October 3

got me some Skechers. They are not flexible but fit and that's something. I always save the box for a while for kitty spirits to return and nap a bit.

October 3

endless Autumn apartment cleaning . while looking for my old social security card I found these soap leaves! and they still lather.

October 9

finally got pencils and paper ay Staples for my art craving ambition. But wow the prices on supplies. As I was leaving the parking lot saw these shrubs lined up. A former boyfriend would have had a snide remark to make about them



*

October 12

in cleaning up from  window installation I had to hand wash all silk blouses and other shirts on open display went to the laundry. I was left with a rack of colorful hangers.




+
October 13
the computer chair is assembled. Brother showed up and knocked it together quicker than I ever could.




must be a Thursday with that orange mug. LOL
*
October 17
The collapsible laundry basket I put on the front passenger seat to keep things from flying- broke. well not so much broke but the bare wire was exposed and hurt my arm when I reached in. time to go. Put in trash and immediately regretted it as it seemed impossible to replace. good grief they were everywhere a few years ago. But found 2, you cannot buy ONE of anything anymore I guess. And it arrived in time for shopping day.


they better be the same LOL

*
same order needed clothes pins

next in that box was a bunched up package. I could not remember what it was nor could I remember the item that is to show up today Friday the 28th. Still has not arrived but it is supposed to be the Genmaicha tea- had to buy 2 boxes.


it was the Udder Cream but 2 tubes and a large jar, good grief. Guess I should start using it every day

*

October 24 
cut my bangs. I wanted to grow them out but even that was annoying. They are narrow and I may have to expand them later but...



October 29
Genmaicha tea showed up



November 2
exciting- new iron showed up- after doing almost 3 hours of ironing with a spurting-scorching- old one yesterday- what a relief.  I noticed they ( meaning all iron manufacturers ) have still not designed an iron that has a cord "thingy" that  does not make the iron topple.



*
November 6

I was looking for the plug to charge my Tom Tom using the computer (found it) and noticed even after recycling at Staples I still have lots of these cords with a "barrel" . The "in" male? tips rarely match though. What's the purpose of the barrel and why oh why are these things NOT universal. 
friends on facebook answered the question!


The barrel is a ferrite bead to stop high frequency noise from the cable. And there not universal so you have to buy their cable.


*
same day I was making a mask and doing mending. Needed pins. Did this on the ironing board using that as a pin cushion and  look what happens.


while in Macy's upstairs getting underwear I wandered around in the "special" section.


November  20
Not a perfect punt but always wanted one. Glad I did not rush my hand into the recycling this morning though, would have been a bloody mess. I should have saved the rest of the bottle for the next bar brawl I am in. ha ha









*
November 21
That time of year again. I hate cold weather but love insulating with polar fleece curtains. Had my brother add screws to the trim around the new windows so I could hand what I had.







*
November 22
so one night I was sorting beans and heard a racket outside like something was on the roof. I could  hear coyotes howling. I peeked out and saw the same raccoon I am sure from before. on the railing ready to do a swan dive to the ground below. I opened the door a crack and said "no! use the stairs." He hung upside down and looked at me like" oh good idea- thanks" and he went down the stairs, He is one wide raccoon! no pictures of him but now it solves the mystery of why there are silica crystals on the deck. Darn cute face.


*
November 26
went to Hyannis after food shop to pick up the red sweater at Macy's saved that until last. Home Depot was huge and hard to breathe and my clothes were heavy on my neck and shoulders. I needed curtain rods, batteries and 25 watt bulbs. Left there empty handed.Picked up gift cards at Dick's and Trader Joes. \\Headed to Trader Joes there was a blow up Santa display- geez thosde things are loud.
So that added some light heartedness to the trip








*

November 24

white breasted birds having fun atop the gas stack



*
December 8
Finally got to move computer back to sun room where it belongs



had to move a lot of heavy things back and forth. Not sure why the trailers are here LOL







then eventually had to move the computer to the outside wall because of glare. ha ha

December 14

I bought  20.00 worth of yarn to donate at Ocean State Job Lot. They give you a gift card for 20+ in return. You just cannot use it that day. That was in the Dennis store. So  a few days later I went in to the Chatham store to get some new scratchy bath towels. one hand towel the other bath size.



*

December 17

on way in to Hyannis



*

December 18

a squirrel feast?



December 19

washed my red cashmere sweater from Macy's for the first time and it turned out fine!



**

December 23

there are 2 nests in the hydrangea!



**
September 22
organizing cds



of course I am not re organizing this!
*
September 23
another amazon delivery. blue fluffy jacket that was packed airtight and a tracfone. tracfone did not work went back




Macy's purple top and the amazon blue one


*
September
bent penny


*

October 1

man in tight pants in Star market



*

December 27

thought I had posted this but cannot find it

 found this vase on the front rough area. Brought it back here and let it sit out in the elements hoping it would get broekn by Mother Nature into smaller pieces. Well it is mighty sturdy. Put it into 2 brown paper bags and smashed it with all my might with a hammer


this is the shape of it when I found it.







December 28















*
















*



*
The joy of getting rid of stuff. I was going to donate them to the book etc drop at recycling but thought better of it. They are p;d and may have a mold on them and I may like the films they may be considered x rated LOL. So to the trash they went.
 also  the joy of end of year cleaning is seeing suspicious lint that looks like mouse turds. It was lint. phew.

behind my dresser that weighs a ton to move
I was so tired of CLEANING!
*





No comments:

Post a Comment