View My Stats

Thursday, January 6, 2022

2022-WEATHER

 January 3

First snow storm


more expected late on the January 6th

second storm January 7th heavy wet snow and ice- froze everything up doors windshield mirrors. I hate this kind of weather. bone chilling and dangerous.


January 10

I just loved cold icy weather. not! Preparing the truck for another storm. I wrapped the mirrors in produce bags and secured with clothes pins. I wrapped windshield wipers with waxed paper. All held fast 

 Expecting another arctic blast I sprinkled rock salt into the pool of water that forms on the truck bed cover. I do not know if that worked or not- the winds and temps are too severe to check so.



January 12

January 10

it was so cold that the hand washed scarf froze.and another view of the truck



*

Kindle weather app for Tamworth NH brrr

January 18

we do get winds. No matter how these fences are leaned they come down. Tempting to do a tap dance on them.

January 29 blizzard

January 29 blizzard

 large branches down out front




 then February rains brought leaks.

February 4 & 5

I roasted a huge russet potato and 3 golden yams. power flickered and went out just after I pulled them from the oven. At least I would have something hot to eat. Came back on and I had to re set clocks. I had been vacuuming and saw a big flash of lightning and the thunder rocked the apartment. Deluge of rain. So I spent 2 hours cleaning and sopping up leaks at the sun room windows. ugh what a mess. Next day I decided to re do the Winter curtains. Must have been up and down the step ladder 20 times and hauling it room to room. Washed windows.


I poked them well but one yam exploded anyhow. Never had that happen before. It was so tasty .

That blue sky

traveling trash barrel

curtains over kitchen sink now on kitchen door


living area and sun room


sun room fixed. When the sun is strong I have to drape the brown sheet I have over the window because of the glare. Hate blocking out the sun but I cannot see the computer screen.


over the kitchen sink

more snow and rain fence damage.



more branches



February 6

trim ripped off of corner near the firefighters bay

February 8

branch down at Seaside


February 14

was it a snow storm or an ice storm. Been such crappy weather I cannot remember. But when I went below to take trash the trash barrel/can was frozen shut. So I left my bag on top of the mess. When the trash guy showed up I watched him from up here. He had an attitude ( understandable) slammed him hand on the top and yanked the barrel over to the truck LOL




*

February 13\

seeing as the weather is not improving I put the screens with plastic sheets back up on the windows in the "sun room"  I trimmed it more closely so it does not drip as much. It still drips though LOL


February 24

shopped on a Thursday again since bad weather was predicted for Friday and the weekend and frigid temperatures for Monday. Today is Monday and it is brutally cold. The storm was snow with ice and rain and freezing so treacherous under foot. I knew  would eventually need to used the truck again so I covered and wrapped the mirrors. It is all I am capable of LOL


February 27

slid ice in parking lot and on top of snow- my footprints barely show in most spots.


*

March 5

still snow behind the bays

*


 March 27

cold and windy

So yesterday was a bust with just food shop and exhausted from no sleep the night before with a search lantern lighting up the room 3 times in the night. grumble grumble. I figured today after laundry I needed to make up for lost time and find Baker's Pond.I run out of time each shopping day and put it off. I left here after lunch.It was sunny and I had wash out on racks to dry.  As I was driving down rt 137 the skies got dark and it started to rain! Screw the laundry let it get wet. I drive past Baker's Pond road. Turn around and get back there.Well that was a waste! I thought there would be a parking lot with a view of the pond ha ha. Muddy puddles and signs galore telling you what not to do. So headed back here hoping to catch a horsetail wave at Chatham Light house. Did I mention it was fucking windy? All spaces full. Got gasoline and wanted to check out Harding beach rough surf. I was rewarded with wind surfers! My camera is not equal to that action but you get the idea. Took a short video in the wind. It is a thrill to me to see them lifted  up in the air with the winds.Watched one guy struggling with his sail. And a silhouette doing what fishing with a line? Came back here to wait for next weekend's adventures.oh and Ryder's Cove was the bluest I have ever seen.

The kite surfing


 













the blue of Ryder's Cove and the stormy sky over Brewster



video of kite sailing briefly.

video

 

**

March 13

animal tracks in the snow


 April 9

Hyannis skies


*

a few years ago this tree was downed by a bad storm- it still lies on its side

Fort Hill Eastham

May 15

this may be another year of the "purple fog" rolling in early evening


 *

July 19

sunset at 8:30pm


August 2 

I was out for my after supper walk and saw that pink fluffy cloud floating by- definitely not a weather cloud.

*

August 9

after the longest hottest stretch I have ever seen here- we were supposed to get some rain. It rained in Falmouth and never made it here. But we did have some beautiful skies for it



 

*

August 12

spine in the sky




October 26

2 inches of rain twice! we still need more.

*

October 29

sunrise-


*

October 28

all leaves gone from tree out front and none on the ground LOL



November 8

around 5 am 

Pure happenstance I got a glimpse of the Lunar eclipse this morning!

that night around 5 pm moon rising in the East




November 9

6 am



*

November 13

torrential rains most of the day. I did not even glance at the South side puddle here- it is like a lake all  the time. This one on  the North side at least recedes quickly. but you can tell by where the debris border is- how high it got. It was tough  driving through on my way  back.


*

November 22

The winds knocked  down the wreath I had on the outside wall. Replaced it with the old wind icords.


*

November 30
I noticed leak marks on the ceiling in the  sun room recently. Took photo of the roof again and it matches where a shingle was lost back in January.


December 12

I know it is truly Winter when Yellow Bird the fishing vessel is in the parking lot below. This year it is at an angle. New driver from Nauset Marine. Usually Chatham Boats does it but without notifying his customers the owner sold off his equipment and no longer will store fishing vessels.


*
December 14

First snow of this end of Winter that was still Autumn was thundersnow!


winds were so bad with that "storm" the kitchen storm door kept blowing open the catch would not catch. So wove some yarn through the catch. I did not tie the yarn but wound it around the handle and that worked.


December 17
while in Hyannis widing up gift shopping the skies looked threatening. I had gotten wet twice already that day was running out of changes of clothes
*


December 24
icy storm  door


*

December 24
a solid sheet of white ice covered everything until the sun came out. It was treacherous.

*
September 22 2022
Golden evening sky


September 25 sky

*
September 29
10 minute sky









*












 

No comments:

Post a Comment