View My Stats

Tuesday, January 2, 2024

2024: FOOD

 Coffee

Last year I switched for the canned Signature brand decaf coffee to bagged coffee. Tried Starbuck's Verona first. Tasty but smells like skunks when you first open the bag

Tried New England- okay but rather not

Peets again okay but not great

Green Mountain- okay

O Organics  French roast dark roast. great!

so I will alternate that with Starbucks so I do not tire of either.

Quinoa

well there has been no red quinoa on the shelves for months. I have had to settle for thr tri color blends. Not as hardy nor as tasty. Been trying for that amount of time to get to Whole Foods hoping THEY have their own brand. Have not been able to park there always so crowded. So I needed to add something to it to make it more filling. Enters Brown rice.


BROWN RICE

I noticed while looking for red quinoa in Star Market that Minute Rice has organic brown rice in small single serve containers. packs of 2. I am hooked. Hope they never discontinue them. Each single serve container gives me 3 servings though! I place in sauce pan and add a cup of water and boil then simmer for at least 10 minutes then lower heat and reduce. Place in custard cup to refrigerate.

Then my cousin tells me that brown rice is loaded with arsenic.

I figure at 76 what can I do. I would know to, not feed it to an infant or children. But also things containing arsenic are: broccoli, kale, cauliflower etc. all things I eat almost every day.

If it were radiation I would glow in the dark.

***

Chocolate

Been eating Hershey's Dark  Chocolate Kisses for years all of a sudden they are old on the shelves date to sell by just weeks away I had to switch to a single bar of expensive Endangered Species 72% Dark chocolate Smooth. It is a treat and delicious but too expensive. When at Trader Joe;s finally waxs able to get a Pounder Plus for 5.99.

*

January 13

Mini Snack at Star Market



*

January 23

Sea Salt and Veggie chips- no buy


so my love of newly found Minute rice brown rice packs that is organic. I was tempted to try their other flavors but none were organic and the yellow rice which I used to love the ingredients were off putting.





**

January 27

naturally my favorite apples were on sale AND sparse.


*


No comments:

Post a Comment