View My Stats

Wednesday, March 24, 2021

CEMETERIES: Pine Grove West Harwich and Brewster and Mount Pleasant-2021

 196 Bank street
When I was a teenager I dated ( use that term loosely) 2 guys who turned out to be cousins. Not a remarkable thing seeing as the Cape is one big "small town". Back then it meant nothing. TODAY if that happened wow I would be asking who their grandparents were and where they were buried. LOL. But a few years ago when the first one I will call A died I began to wonder and tried to research. That was before a computer. Got one in 2000 and it has been slow going and not serious research. But recently I decided to dig further. All this time I thought it was an Ellis connection but they lived in Brewster. The house where we used to drive up a long driveway was in Harwich. Drove by a few weeks ago and could not find it. BUT bingo when I found it was a Ryder connection. B died in 2006 and trying to find his father has been impossible. Found out A's brother died in North Carolina.
So when I found out the house number on Bank street where the Ryder's lived I decided to drive there yesterday- going the other direction coming from rt 28. Bingo there was the driveway as I remembered but the house is totally changed. Love Bank street homes. So many interesting ones.
as an end note found that some Ryder- Riders are buried in the same cemetery as relatives of mine in Cranston Rhode Island.

I started a tree on ancestry to try and solve the mystery I revisit every once in a while. Sure would love to find out where his mother is buried.

But went to Mount Pleasant I swear on the coldest day on earth to find's Carl's parents again. 

But the house on Bank street first - March 6th

 





***


No comments:

Post a Comment