View My Stats

Friday, March 26, 2021

STRUCTURES: Gas vent pipe and cover - 2021

 March 6

I was hearing this noise for a few days. Sounded like squirrels were trapped somewhere trying to get out- a racket of noise. I went outside and looked up on the roof and saw nothing different. I took photos as "looking up" triggers vertigo for me. Then one day as I was arranging laundry on racks to dry I looked below and saw what looked like an old fashioned trash can lid. I thought good grief where did that come from. Then after checking it out I realized it was the stack cover that had blown off in the winds. At least the noise had stopped! But where it landed was exactly where I stand to turn on the faucet below to rinse my boots or fill a jug with water. Close call!


March 13th when it flew off




just noticed that there are shingles missing on the roof. So last year when I showed the huge shingle in the yard to Jer- it WAS from this roof. good grief.


No comments:

Post a Comment