View My Stats

Sunday, March 12, 2023

2023: FLOWERS- store bought for me by me

 Miley Cyrus

March 11

Bought myself flowers yesterday while food shopping. I had listened to this song closely about a month ago and it inspired me. Being single all my 75 years. I love flowers but not as a habit- just when it feels right. Like every 30 years or so. I like my flowers outside actually. But it has been more than dreary this Winter. And well I hit my head and was in the ER. Light bulb moment- buy myself some flowers. 


I was hoping to find a small florist shop and get what used to be called a nosegay. a small selection of small flowers. Well the weatehr was dreadful- rain and snow- so I thought it best to see what I could do at Star Market. Geez expensive much!? So I settled for a bunch of tulips and not sure what the other flowers are looks like tall hyacinths. and 3 pussy willows. Pretty muted colors. I had forgotten how difficult it is to photo tulips though. Or anything for that matter in dull light.

So here's what it looks like so far.































*
Placed them in their containers in the sun room- which has little sun! Overnight the  hyacinths opened and are a delightful bright pink.








*
March 11
fresh from the store. The hyacinths sure are a strong aroma
*
March 26
The flowers I bought myself on March 10 are slowly fading. Tulips, Hyacinths and pussywillows. Thought I would get artsy while taking photos and have some fun with geometry at the same time. I sure got my money's worth.











March 22-26
other images

















*
March 12
snow drops at Seaside cememtery


*the snow drops do not belong in this post LOL
*
March 30
last of the flowers to go. well pussy willows are still okay!

*


No comments:

Post a Comment