View My Stats

Tuesday, January 12, 2021

HIKES: 2021 Bike path and others

 Beautiful day for a slow walk on the bike path took an hour- usually took me 40 minutes!



very like a fingerprint





January 3 2021 a short hike on Harding's Beach. a dreary but beautiful view, pipes fro dredging? and a tree decorated for the season- a whimsical delight. The required dog shit and people walking dogs without a leash.




















January 8 2021

approaching the corral and seeing a reflection with the camera




signs everywhere.

I headed out hoping to check out the Twine Field Road situation. Online the Chronicle mentioned something about cleaning up an area where boats were stored. I thought it was this spot. But obviously not it is roped off.

so I headed back then thought hey I bet it the area above this step path. So I climbed it and yup- they have cleaned it up.

still some debris on the ground but definitely cleaned up.



even steeper going down.






the old bear is getting real seedy.

Bear is gone as of January 20 2021

January 12, 2021 

a walk on the bike path-litter and dog shit prevail and the "reflection" is still over the corral.

 









January 19 2021- went for a walk and saw this- so black! If I had stepped in it I would have slipped and cracked my skull open on that root.



February 24 2021

I think I even ventured out without the Winter jacket just had on the pullover red plaid polar fleece. Saw huge paw prints!


fallen tree and root system




outside looking in-so many patterns!

now for the paw prints.






March 6, 2021

I hustled on out of here after food shop and a quick snack so I would not pass out from lack of food on the trail! 2 beautiful but cold days together- unheard of!

Yarmouth Historical Society maintains the trails and displays behind the Yarmouth Port Post Office. Lots of hikers and dog walkers. The most fascinating part was the Turtle Wetu and the area across from Kelley Chapel




















not a hike but the next day the 7th of March saw another wetu in Chatham to the right of the Atwood House.




More later

March 14

got out early, for me, around 10 am for a hike on a new trail  I was told it was a flat course. Well 5 minutes into it I saw that there were inclines I would not care to climb on the way back. LOL But it is new and nice and parking is good. I sort of doubt it leads to  a water view though. That I crave- even through trees.


 







This last photo looks like it may have been a grave a long time ago with so many stones on the surface.


***

April 4 

Nauset Beach- had not been down here in many years














April 9

beautiful day. I was even able to take my hat off! Ventured to the left at the power lines seeing there is a huge ravine there. heard dirt bikes so decided to cut that hike short.

horse looks like a cow


bag o shit

looks like the scene of a scuffle with something furry

and this is the poop there after  probably from fright





the ravine ahead



never seen a large piece of equipment hover like that!

May 9

Looking for Pilgrim Lake and Mecca Island I found the parking lot for Crystal Lake empty! So checked this out. Had food in the car so did not want to take time to walk down to the water. Of course with everything goes signs.






**

Caught photo of entrance to Cedar Street path

I want to check out McCoy Tree Farm trail soon.

Pilgrim Lake error LOL


 May 15

Finally found the road! A long and winding one it was.

before I forget- as I approached the road there was a sign with arrows. With the sun in my eyes I could not tell which end the "pointers" were on and almost went straight.








seems adding photos here is "down" Been going on since 11am May 27 2021

try again





Mecca Island may be to the far right in these above 2 photos around a curve.



May 23

Cedar street

finally found time and decent weather to park at Doc Keene's Hall and walk. Seemed like it took forever but was 7-9 minutes. Granted it was on a slight incline and my asthma kicked in but that's done and it was nice. I could have gone further back there but it felt like I was spying on neighbors and their backyards.

house across from Doc Keene's I think was E. Ward Olney's








cool house across from the entrance to the trail. almost looks abandoned.








an abundance of honeysuckle and butter cups.



 path strewn with pink petals

and lilacs


alway admired that hedge

June 6

Been passing by this sign for a few years now curious where it went. Knew about the McCoy Tree farm from when I worked as a bookkeeper at Countryside in the 80s. He was an occasional customer. Decided to cram it into an already busy day before I headed to Harwich for errands. At the same time discovered it is still Chatham there!

So I back the truck up trying to park in as little space as possible thinking one more will show up. LOL

Well it was steep incline and buggy. These tiny black round bugs like no-see-ums. I couldn't get out of there fast enough. But of course it was uphill all the way so it was not quick.

So that's off my list LOL










second photo down from the top shows the trail guide box. LOL I lifted the lid and nothing to the left reached into the right and there was a blue dog poop bag in there. My hand recoiled quickly not wanting to know if it was used.

3rd photo down from top is weirdly blurry. Kind of like my vision on the hike up on this hot humid breathless day.

**


No comments:

Post a Comment