View My Stats

Tuesday, January 3, 2023

2023 : JOY & ODDITIES & CLEANING IS JOY

 Things that give me joy

Got the Grecian Computer puzzle for a present. At least there is a youtube video LOL

Grecian Computer puzzle



*

January 8

Leaving Stage Harbor and taking Bridge Street I saw a vehicle up ahead parked and a guy was taking photos. I saw some dogs come bouncing toward him and thought that was what he was taking photos of. He waved me on but I wanted a look too. Here he was taking pix of holiday decorations in the front yard that looked like ballerinas!

January 12

anything that makes cleaning easier brings me joy

with a new wet swiffer mop I got these dusting pads. comparison also what the wet pads pick up after vacuuming! They are very fluffy dusters.




wet one after the above LOL


*

January 20

went through a crap ton of pens pencils and markers to see if they were worth keeping- this artwork was the result LOL

*

January 21

My uncle died in May of 2022, his widow now is disposing of things as she can. She told me she had a lot of trash and wanted me to see it and the basement full of tools and uncle's hobbies, It was quite an emotional experience as the basement was where I usually visited with him or when he was at work. These are pix from that visit.











*
I was told there were no fire hydrants in this complex. I know when I used to walk the loop I passed a few. But went for a quick walk and saw none. BUT next time I was out in the truck I made a point of driving slowly and looking from that point. There are also some when you take a left but there is a huge puddle at that juncture.
as you enter
across from boatyard

across from boatyard storage

roundabout near trash people

at junk yard

health club

some day I will walk not drive and see the others and take pix.
*
January 25
silly stuff.
 I noticed the kitchen looked dark one morning and realized the bulb had blown over the stove. When I went to change it I noticed the date of when I last changed that bulb. It gets turned on & off each meal time. Changed January 25 2023; last changed  August 23 2020. But the "cool" thing about it that I just noticed- the note on the front 
"Proudly 
Made. In
* St. Marys
Pennsylvania"
now to google to see if that star is where St Marys is located. Never too much trivia in my life.

January 29

we had a bad storm a couple of years ago and it ripped a shingle off the roof. It created a leak in the "sun room" ceiling. Well it was finally fixed!






February 15
I love when a delivery person , amazon, ups or mailperson, remember where to leave a package from previous instructions!
I ordered a new Kindle over a week ago and have been getting emails that it is on its way, delayed whatever. Last one said will arrive 8pm. but the site said by 8pm today. Checked for it last night and nothing. I never expect anyone to work that late anyhow. well heard the unmistakeable sound of the UPS truck a few minutes ago. I went out on the deck expecting to have to holler below where to put it.  But he remembered! Weather better than last time- last time was a horrendous wind storm with windchills. Today just cloudy.
*
February 7
organizing and straightening out stuff brings me joy. Also I hate being cold- so packing up my red snuggly that my brother gave me years ago gives me joy. I pack it in the truck each time I go out ( loading truck takes forever )
breakfast table cleared of "stuff"

red snuggly ready to go!


*
February 12
my hands are extremely cut and chapped this year. Was looking locally for awhile for white cotton gloves to wear to bed each night. Finally found them in a CVS- just in time. but wow how my old holey ones had shrunk!




*
February 25
another childhood myth destroyed. I always thought the holes in the sand were from sand fleas. How many chidren did I misinform? They are pin holes or bubbles formed when water flows through the grains of sand. I just had to google. :)

*
February 21
reflection of lattice in ice sculpture dish ( not frozen )

Marxh 1
Political parties have my name as Cunthia. Today in the mail I get the St Jude's return address labels-Cynthia Oore
*
February 24
I knit an icord to act as a draft dodger for front windows. I had been usuing old sleeves from turtlenecks I can no longer wear, obviously. Those were getting wet with condensation quickly. So I decided it was tim for my purple duct tape to come to the rescue. It has not sweat yet so...


February 28
ever on the search of making things more comfortable. I have had these v neck t shirts for well over a year. The v is a poor excuse for a V and the arm holes were tight. Took things in my own hands and cut off the sleeves. I am wearing one today and that fixed the problem! yay! I had randomly cut the "Vs" a whole ago LOL The sleeves I saved for placing under cups etc.





I was thinking of putting this in my dropstitchditdit blog but no sewing was involved :)
*
Same day I got it into my head to move the rocker from the front room into the "sun" room. I movedd the rocker back to old spot today March 8. Though I may still hit my ankle on the rocker legs at leasy I will have more rppm in the sun room. I was a bit tight there.

**



*
March 3

I listen to classical cds while doing my chi gung breathing exercizes each morning. If I still like the cd I keep it. Been on a roll lately- these four I can do without so I donated them to the book-music bins at the recycling at the dump





*
March 6
I love business dosplays that are colorful and outside!
rt 6A Brewster

*
Stoney Brook and 6A
looks like a Saturday morning cartoon character

*
March 6
shoe tree on Tubman Road




*
March 17
slowly but surely cleaning up the oil change containers. Next thing to tackle is the 20 gallon drums that used to container vinegar-  and get them recycled. they have the #2 code on them but I asked at recycling and he said he  would have to see them and decide. they can go to demo pile for free otherwise.

*March 10
Colorful laundry brings me joy.

March 8
struggled with it but moved the rocker from sun room back to the living area for my bedding again. It was just too cluttered in the sun room


March 12
 I needed a vase for flower displays and decided to dump shell collection and use that- was able to distributed some to new window sills- between window & screen. The rest of the  shells were too "pointy" and I did not want to ruin new screens.

*
April 4

washed and put away until cold weather again:
cat quilt and Winter Window Curtains
at the same time hauled out Summer dresses.
and put away light weight sleeping bag and red snuggly
*
March 18
Kitchen cabinet curtains are back up!


*
March 26
Pedestrians at Chatham Light

*
Curtains up and  down


shower curtain fail LOL

*
April 1
How did we survive , as babies,so long without these? They are pretty cool- changing to "white" when the food on the spoon is hot.
I bought them because I am eating one third of a container of Greek yogurt now. Getting out of the container was a challenge and then eating it without it being on the spoon in one huge clump. These are perfect. I did want stainless steel but...

*
March 30
Temporary scarves at kitchen door window

April 10
7:03 am
certain times of the year the sun comes in my kitchen door and lights up an object. Thought this year's was pretty cool. It is a large glass vase  from Poland. It used to light up a lamp with a burned out bulb.
*
April 8
There at 9:15 as I left for food shop and gone when I returned so someone remembered
*
April 13
removed plastic sheeting and cleaned front windows

cleaned up harvest table ready for puzzles. May 10 still no puzzle making

Laptop  moved into sun room, and repurposing of silverware basket from dishwasher to kitchen counter for knives spatulas chopsticks etc.

spray mix for Swiffer mop that dries out too soon
temporary sun room curtains for glare and removing duct tape at front windows for draft. it worked great but an almost impossible task to remove.ugh


April 15
Heading in to Hyannis I see a man to the right trying to cross. I stop and the motorcycle coming towards me stops. We let him cross. No one honked their horn!


*
April 18
found it strange how this pillowcase is wearing out with a design :)

*
April 27
After the fiasco of trying to wash a sleeeping bag myself brought those things back here to "air" to make sure they were completely dry. Finally got to put away the red sleeping bag. Recently in May I could have used it , the weather turned so cold but.

April 28
a facebook friend sent this magnet to me- ha ha
and a note inside the box of detox tea made me chuckle 

*
May 3
I bought a swivel shower chair on amazon that I had to return because the chair AND I would not fit. Eventually returned THAT. But for safety sake I had to have something to grab at least coming out of the shower. Brother offered to install grab bars but those would only get in my way and something else for me to bruise myself with so!
Moved the 2 step step ladder into the bathroom and moved the shampoo storage thing into its place. The toilet paper and paper towels that were on the step ladder were moved to a bottom shelf of a bookcase. Seems to be working out fine.



*
May 3
Finally got my salt crystal deodorant  rocks on amazon. It had been a long wait and suffering through crap deodorants!
*
car cleaning left behind. not by me LOL

*
May 8
bathroom rearrangement for safety.


*
May 8
Jer's new wardrobe found by the side of the road. Waiting to be painted and used







*
May 9
switching out Winter windows for Summer
Maybe too soon because it was hot -cold for days and still on June 5th




*
Like most peoplel I do not read directions or labels so.
This is still confusing after finally reading the underside of my new 3 step step ladder


June 5
I wrestled with this 4 gallon wastebasket liner this morning. Neither end would "give" as an opening- 30 minutes of trying! grrr. so I ripped one end and of course that was the sealed end. Was going to toss it then thought- hey I have duct tape I will seal it that way. oh no that is too expensive- so I tied a knot in the bottom - it works.
See me for more house hold hints and financial advice :)




*
May 12
old step ladder now in bathroom
*
Jer's wardrobe in garage below


May 13
amusing things while out and about
woman jogging in red 2 piece

circus in Hyannis

Getting gasoline at Cumberland Farms guy in front of me with bare legs- it was cold- my legs are next
Clerk had major problems with installing new register tape. been there.

*
June 3
bike for sale at entrance to Commerce Park

*
June 6
making way for new sewing table by rearranging things and donating clothes.



June 6
clothing to donate- just does not fit anymore!








grrr
looks like the donate and the clear away got mixed up.



*
June 12
new ironing board cover. and I use one leg from cut off jeans to protect the new one from the hot iron.




*
June 17
sometimes signs and messages are okay!





A photographer with a huge camera lens at Pleasant Bay

June 19
noticed the new quarter
*
June 24
Trying to catch up editing my "drive by" photos and saw this one end of June from my looong drive to Hyannis on rt 28. Slow enough for me to take a photo of a ladder sign. I am a bit puzzled- Honey Dew  is a donut place but do they also do nails? and why is there an image of a monkey on PENGUINS ice cream shop? and wasn't there a Christmas tree shop there?
*
July 28
Removed the control knobs on big burners on stove.
I rarely use the large burners on the stove. Unless it is by accident and I wonder why it is so freaking HOT at the stove and singe my armpits  in the bargain. Problem solved.

*
June 22
Windows were installed last year in September I think it was. Still this is not patched-fixed. Not that anyone has the time. BUT I went to youtube and searched for " repair drywall holes" and see that in a hardware store there should be available big screen like patches that your apply drywall mud to and stick it over the hole and then spread on more mud and let it dry. I am going to try it. Once it is cool enough for me to be out and about looking for the stuff..

*
*
Apartment in a turmoil for awhile doing Spring cleaning and rearranging furniture for the new sewing table. I noticed later that my favorite purple pillow a dear friend had given me years ago was missing. I searched all the usual spots. Then one day sitting here doing emails I happened to look up to my left where I thought I saw a wolf spider hopping around. Saw that box instead with 2 pillows sticking out. "light bulb moment"- must be another under those 2 and yes got my purple pillow is back. It is the perfect  size for support for a fucked up neck-shoulder-arm-rib cage.



June 26
my favorite slippers are wearing out

*
June 30
switching out tablecloths and fixing a wobbly table. I used coasters keeping the cork side up. As of today though, as much as I love the red "Italian" cloth- it is another thing to laundry and I do drop food! so that will come off. But nice while it lasted.






There was a mysterious tomato sauce colored stain on the floral shower curtain- I will treat that when it gets washed. It is covered now.












red table cloth is gone now- August
*
June 19
There is always something odd or out of place below no one seems to know what it is.

*
August 25
in cleaning up the truck for my use I noticed this cigaette in the driver's side door pocket. tempted to run it between my legs.

*
August 29 
I fixed a cloisonne ornament today and relaced a pair of sneakers (evil Skechers) AND fixed a peacock earring . I had to cut those laces as they were too long and I was stepping on them. The earring I hung in my window and tugged on it gently and it fell apart, and I wanted to hang the cloisonne ornament in one of 3 places. I spent an hour looking for it. I gave up. Then realized I had hung it outside. so yeah google get with it and your new features





*
September 27 2023
While typing an email to a cousin an ad came up to the right in Yahoo email. I saw "Always" and thought oh a sanitary napkin ad. then saw the ball  and thought wow they are making tampoons now and that is one fucked up period- but nice colors! Disappointed it is pasta.

**
October 4
I was a busy bee on Tuesday. On Monday I made a tablecloth for my "cookbook-soaps-clothespin table" . That finally dried. (Would have dried in 30 minutes outside today.) I reorganized and tossed a few things and generally did Autumn cleaning for that area. I decided to put my mother's mother's jewelry box to better use and store my Ivory soap there. If I do not stockpile soap I panic. The box used to hold odds  & ends- buttons, weird jewelry, old mattress tags from my first mattress LOL. Nipples from my mother's falsies Yes they had nipples back in the 50s and she cut them off. I saved them.ha ha and a bunch of other stuff. Now everything is neat as a pin ready for me to mess it up in a flash.


almost ran out of thread in the bobbin.

Clean up table and under table




Shower curtain table cloth clean up- see the dark orange stain!







Cleaning up jewelry box and filling it with Ivory soap







tore off the bottom and tape contatc paper to the base- good enough

now what was in the jewelry box
*












 




































No comments:

Post a Comment