View My Stats

Tuesday, January 3, 2023

2023:WEATHER & SKY

 January 21

sky drama at Harding's beach

February 1

bird bath with snow

February 4

frozen and dried out by the wind


February 4

I did not sleep Friday night the winds were so loud and the apartment was shaking and swaying. Windows were covered in ice so I could not see any "damage" until the ice cleared and it stopped being windy long enough for me to take pix. So freaking cold.

display tables before the winds

after the winds




January 29

we had a bad storm a couple of years ago and it ripped a shingle off the roof. It created a leak in the "sun room" ceiling. Well it was finally fixed!






**

February 13

wind lifted glass table top and it landed flat on the ground crushing a scallop shell from the table

*

February 16

Moon at 5:38am


*

February 17& 18

it was supposed to rain but I heard what sounded like hail sleet and ice pellets. I did not dare look outside. Went to bed and woke to ripped ice on parking lot and paths. Smow on shrubs and ripply ice in the bird bath. It was treacherous and I had to food shop. The doors almost did not open.



March 6 
full moon?
*
February 26
our 5 minutes of sun
*
February 27
it was clear and sunny then all of a sudden I had to haul in my wash- it got snowed on. It was sunny again but I did not want to play musical chairs with tt and it stayed inside


*
March 4
storm to and from food shop
tried to capture the spray coming over the highway using the rearview mirror also used mirror to make sure no one was behind me LOLIt was brutal. I wanted to get out and tkae photos but could not open the truck door!




March 11
took no chances- sprinkled icy melt everywhere.






*
March 12
5 minutes apart the sky changes

*
April 2
wind at Harding's beach

*
April 3
moon at 7:39pm
*
March 24
sunrise 5:25am
*
May 8
this was much more brilliant, but camera did not see it that way.

*
May 21
some rain and lots of wind- rain filled waste basket from roof wash off and wind tossed large containers.


*
June 9
Canadian wildfire smoky sunrise?


June 21
sun reflected on a pole near sewer plant

June 27
2 inches of rain in each pot



June 
13 2015
Plenty of seaweed, helium balloons, dead animals and debris. The gulls were pecking at it all. The emergency raft deflated looked like men's Jockey briefs from a distance.





















*
September 12

So this morning I was about 5 minutes late going below to feed the birds. I was up here at the kitchen door seeing how hard it was raining. All of a sudden a  bird flies in at the screen sees me and screeches at me. LOL I get down there and thee sparrows are swarming-a sign of a storm. Hurricane Lee headed our way.
*












No comments:

Post a Comment