View My Stats

Tuesday, January 3, 2023

2023:SHOPPING

 Food clothes all the annoying necessities

January 7

People and carts-

unit price of eye drops

366.00 a quart


*

January 5

amazon orders show up

Microwave safe mugs for the microwave I will not be getting. Thought it would be nice to be able to reheat my beverages BUT I really hate microwave and the unit over the stove is hot wired so would be a royal pain in the ass replacing. so. but the mugs are nice and were a real tough deal removing from the packaging!




long underwear bottoms. now I should have gotten the black ones too. Most of my clothes wore out after 10-20 years last year.


and the wired telephone that replaces the answering machine one that blew out with power surges. It is cheap but good enough.


*

January 28

in the aisle checking out just about any store they tantalize you with sugary snacks LOL and assorted "junk
Joann's Fabrics










*

Link to O'Go explanation

*

January 26

Old Navy had a v neck t shirt for 12.99 I got one. When I checked out it was 6.00. agh I would have gone back for a second on but the lines were long. Nice color and soft.



*

February 3


Ordered another of the Merokeety jackets. First one was a blue color  this one they call taro. one minute it looks soft lavender the next an "off" pink. They are so warm. I heard UPS pull up and I was able to get his attention from the deck to put it on the back of the truck. I did not want it placed near the recycled oil on the stoop below and also did not want the wind tunnel in my face to go grab it. It blew off the truck of course. hahaha


blew there






it shows up in a clear bag- inside is the jacket in a clear vacuum packed bag. The jacket is solid stiff until opened. also smelled sour- so it aired for an hour.

*

January 30

step ladder at last


*

February 21

a big amazon order showed up!

the message on the box

and in that box was: radio antenna that worked.


crystal rock deoderant. I keep buying the liquid thinking it is the crstal solid in a applicator. It came that way once upon a time.


the grey thermal bottoms. Now my choices for underwear are not all full of holes.


lotion applicator for back


and in another long box the 2 grabbers. photos includes some of the old grabber











March 19

I needed something strong but gentel for my scalp after that slip & fall and th staples. I had no idea there were so many kinds of Head & Shoulders! I chose the Coconut one, not crazy about it but it a bit better than the Dove dandruff one. DEo I have shampoos!?


*

My old mouse pad was curling so I needed a replacement. I usually get one like it plain no design but the ones with designs were the same price so I got one with a kitty curled up in a mat of sorts

old mouse pad


it is perfect for under my one house plant- a pepperomia

new pad is delightful!


*

I have become "THAT" customer.

I needed another plug for the wall for my newer Kindle. I was tired of removing the old one  etc. So went to Staples and bought one. Actually could not find them and the clerk walked right over to them. Well in my defense they do not look the same LOL Bring it back here and cannot get the other ends to connect.Take it back and return it. Then go over to that department and explain what happened. he said they are universal- it will fir. Buy that same one again. Get it back here and force it. okay so it takes brute force. It charges two at once but I do not have that much strength. Then on Saturday in my whirlwind shopping errands in Hyannis. I am in Trader Joe's needing 2 gift cards. I get behind one person in a short line and we wait. Then the person in front of me leaves- mumbling something to me. Register to my left is empty for a second I grab two cards and envelopes and proceed to be waited on. What! She is already scanning chicken for a customer. Where did  she come from? The clerk looks up and says oh I did not see you. I said I would get behind her. Then I realize the line is many people long. The clerk whizzed me through anyhow. For that I am grateful. Then I head to Whole Foods. Find some intriguing soaps says something on the sign- sold by bulk? then a price that made no sense. So I popped one in a bag and went to check out. They have self checkers in there now and what I presumed was one clerk for the clueless like me. She said I had to check out in line. Fine no long wait. I tell  the clerk I would like to know the price of the soap before hand. What could it be 5 bucks maybe 6? It was close to 10.00. I gasped and said I will skip that and buy these other 2 items. ha ha. Got out of there with my dignity intact by a thin thread.

*
May 8
the shower chair that would not fit me in the shower too

*
May 13
while in Old Navy looking for their 15 dollar shorts I saw this adult onesie and wondered who would wear this. I cannot imagine anything more uncomfortable in the crotch area.

September 30

I think I said to myself a couple of months ago that I would NEVER do in store shopping except for food. I went to Hyannis for Jockey briefs at Macys. and iron at Kohls, v neck tank tops at Old Navy. and if I did not  self implode after that Country Gardens for Spring bulbs and Ocean State Job Lot for a welcome mat and! Tibet store for incense. Kohl's was my first stop.The constant rain did not bother me BUT worn out rickety shopping carts and lack of employees to ask a question or 3 really got to me. Did not see one iron. I hobbled around the store to the underwear because I was out of patience by then and no way was I going into Macy's. At least they had the grey tone colors! Then I drove over to the old KMart plaza. Old Navy is all the way at the other end. They have "built" a new parking lot in front of old KMart. Blocked off to use! wtf!!!??? Parking at Old Navy is minimal and hazardous. So I said screw Hyannis and headed back here. fuck the entire list. Amazon better have most of the stuff. But while in Kohl's noticed this lunch crock pot- so tiny one serving. I cook for one but this is still pretty pathetic!

Back here I see the "object" is still out front- for 2 days I thought it was a wandering turkey- It is a crash helmet. why?

That 75 year old hand is some scary- maybe that's my Halloween outfit.





*



No comments:

Post a Comment