View My Stats

Tuesday, January 3, 2023

2023:WILDLIFE & PETS

 January 31

a squirrel was getting a bit of a snack below then ventured up on the deck! this is out of date order since the squirrel is cuter than the hole in the building 



squirrel coming upstairs



January 30

was checking for litter around the bays  and saw shredded wood on the ground. I looked up and it appears like a wild animal has set up housekeeping . I mentioned it to a firefighter and he said he saw nothing LOL





*
March 6

While at Nickerson State Park for some self care after the ER and slip & fall- I saw this animal track near my right foot.



also interested in what makes a hole like that!

*

March 17

noticed a few days ago that the cardinals are back! I think it has been a couple of years. Last year I saw the male in the shrubs from the sun room window where both he and a female used to hang out and wait their turn at the bird feeder. Never saw the female that year. sad. Then this year  that  bold red was below sitting on the fence waiting for the female to feed. I had just filled the feeder after it hanging to dry from cleaning for a couple of days of bad weather. So glad to see them back.

Obviously I need a critter cam. 



*

While the feeder was drying I looked out and saw the squirrel sitting on the fence top near the feeder with his back to me. He was banging his tail on the fence. I think he was angry that no seed appeared for 2 days LOL

*

March 12

returning from errands saw 2 horses ahead I wanted to get closer photos but the owners said the horses had been standing still too long. So this is the best I can do



April 11
saw my first 2 American Goldfinch at the feeder, in their Summer yellow coat. All I need now is to see a catbird!
*
March 19
I have tried without success to capture the next on Bridge street- this one is blurred

March 26
half a hug from a gull
*
April 11
House sparrow bird's nest below
*

April 12
squirrel upside down at feeder and on post



April 12
icy bird bath
*
Raccoon shows up on roof while I am doing dishes




*


a pity they only show up at dusk.
*
May 21
Meet Phantom-Fanny my brother's new dog. They never pose ha ha
But for the expensive and lifting involved- makes me want to get a cat again LOL


*
May 6
Bridge Street bird nest

*
July 1
loading the truck with recycling saw this dead bird by the walk- was not easy scooping it up to toss over into the rough area.


June 19
more Phantom Fanny



*
July 1
Dead bird below. t first I thought it was a frog!


August 25
Rainy all day long. This dog narked in the morning then seemed to settle down and lie on the wet parking lot LOL


*
August 27
osprey nest on Bridge street


Field of Dreams- build it and they will come.

*
September 12
So this morning I was about 5 minutes late going below to feed the birds. I was up here at the kitchen door seeing how hard it was raining. All of a sudden a  bird flies in at the screen sees me and screeches at me. LOL I get down there and the sparrows are swarming-a sign of a storm. Hurricane Lee headed our way.
*






No comments:

Post a Comment