View My Stats

Tuesday, January 3, 2023

2023:BEACHES & HIKES

 Beaches and hikes anywhere

Rain for 6 days. it cleared after food shop and I was outta here to backside of Harding's beach. Skies went from blue to deep purple clouds in 20 minutes. it was delightful. But cold wind.



headed back

huge animal prints

thought this was where I came in, tried to climb it and cold air sapped my lungs, and there were no signs so. But I bet the view is wonderful. some other day.


ah here we are

time for apartment


*
January 8

Stage Harbor & Mill Pond




*

January 17 

Harding's Beach



Picnic are near Kemah- never been able to park ther as it was usually chained off in Winter months. beautiful marsh view and the house across from it built recently has a fake light  house built in. The path went nowhere that I could tell.




Cockle Cove




**

February 14 

Harding's




*

February 25

Not a day goes by that I do not almost get run over or poke my eye out. What are these? I was down at Crosby Landing- which must be gorgeous on a blue sky day- pretty awesome today in the overcast . BUT I saw these and thought they were rusted metal decorations.if so I wanted them. ah but no when I picked one up it crumbled, fell to the sand and a thimbleful of sand shot into my left eye. Once broken it looks like a cookie- maybe one for horses??? But I was in a quandary. I had eye drops but from previous mishaps learned that too much eye drops paralyzes your eyelid. So once back to the truck I grab a sheet of paper towel and let it work like a sponge on the eye- drawing out the sand. It was still one uncomfortable ride back here. oh well it was a fun adventure.



brought them to the truck

*

On the way to Crosby landing there are some impressive homes among them Crosby Mansion which is reportedly haunted

Crosby Mansion



other homes along the way






the beach

the approach I was told there is a boardwalk under 4 inches of sand!





dead sea gull

the jetty





another childhood myth destroyed. I always thought the holes in the sand were from sand fleas. How many chidren did I misinform? They are pin holes or bubbles formed when water flows through the grains of sand. I just had to google. :)


a feather


thought someone had dumped and old ironing board LOL


upon driving away there is a sign telling walkers to the left and bike riders to the right. ha ha


March 6
Nickerson State Park




empty parking lot and someone parks next to me LOL
Paine's Creek
*
April 13
a walk to the post office that used to take me 36 minutes took me one hour. And my shoulders and neck were very uncomfortable.
signs at the round about at this end of Commerce Park


on short cut path



looks lie a lot of dead trees or late bloomers
crap along the bike path


not easy underfoot on the way


but nice bulb display almost there.






on the way back a huge truck coming my way. I stand still as the dust and suction are something else. View of new construction of what used to be a treed vacant lot


looks like the heavy equipment parked on the bike path ruined the paving



got back here so exhausted and uncomfortable with my neck I sat in one of the chairs that is ready to collapse. I did not care. I looked up and saw the cell tower was repaired at the very top with a new design.



**
April 29
Sandy Neck

Sandy Neck today. Was pure torture walking in that sand and the stones. And plenty of parking but I come back to someone parked next to me LOL









*



Rocks from Sandy Neck

*

No comments:

Post a Comment